OOP "American Slapstick II" New Copies $5.00 each

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Lonesome Luke

Re: OOP "American Slapstick II" New Copies $5.00 each

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 11:15 am

Lonesome Luke wrote:Okay, I also bought a copy. When I first saw this thread last year, I was put off by the high shipping price. But what the heck — it's THREE DVDs. It came out to $20 USD ($26.96 CAD). The shipping is $15 — more than the DVDs themselves (I guess that's how they make their money on this). Makes me wonder, how many copies did they make anyway?

Got mine yesterday! It was nice opening the brand new packaging; so nice and new. I already had some of the films on this set before (courtesy of YouTube) but it was nice seeing them in their original DVD resolution. And, I already had different versions of three of the Harold Lloyd short films found on this set (which I posted on YouTube). So far, I looked at the first eight. But I can't wait to see the Lloyd Hamilton and the Syd Chaplin ones, not to mention The Hobo and Kid Speed. Now, if only there was a way to figure out how much the shipping cost a "D. Kalat"? (That name does sound familiar.) Oh right, it'll be written on the envelope: $9.50.

NotSoSilent

Re: OOP "American Slapstick II" New Copies $5.00 each

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 1:46 pm

Lonesome Luke wrote:Now, if only there was a way to figure out how much the shipping cost a "D. Kalat"? (That name does sound familiar.) Oh right, it'll be written on the envelope: $9.50.

It's David Kalat. It's important to remember that he is selling his OOP DVD collection (which is EXCELLENT) for $5. So even if he makes a few dollars on the shipping you are still getting a great deal. I wouldn't press the issue.
Previous

Return to Silent News