News of David Shepard's passing

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Mark Zimmer

News of David Shepard's passing

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 11:58 am

Nice Hollywood Reporter article. I can totally picture him being followed around the house by a pack of rescue dogs.

mbluth1

Re: News of David Shepard's passing

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 12:27 pm

This is very sad news. Thank you for posting all the links to obituaries and tributes.
Donna C.
http://www.wsu.edu/~campbelld/index.html
Bitter Tastes: Literary Naturalism and Early Cinema in American Women's Writing (U Georgia P, 2016)

s.w.a.c.

PostTue Feb 07, 2017 7:54 am

Jess McGrath wrote:For those who haven't heard it, Frank Thompson's "Commentary Track" podcast episode with David was a great one, and offered wonderful insight into David's career and experiences.

For some reason, iTunes seems unable to download this (and a couple of other) episodes, is anyone else having similar issues? My other podcasts are downloading just fine. I get a pop-up saying "The network connection could not be made."

UPDATE: Never mind, Frank posted this message on the podcast's Facebook page (which explains why I couldn't access the website either):

I'm changing the hosting for this website and so, in the unlikely event that you're in the mood to listen to one of my podcasts, you're out of luck for the time being. My hope is that the new site will be up and running in a few weeks. I'll then post some new episodes in honor of the first anniversary of when I posted the last one.

Hope it's back up and running soon!
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!

Scoundrel

PostFri Feb 24, 2017 5:51 pm

FLICKER ALLEY has posted a nice memorial tribute to David Shepard.
Included in their posting is a link to an interview podcast from 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1i-MnkBIvs

I only hope that some of the projects that David touched on in the interview will still make it to fruition.
" You can't take life too seriously...you'll never get out of it alive."

Blackhawk Films customer

luciano

PostSun Feb 26, 2017 4:45 pm

As to be expected, the Academy's list shows David will be included in the Oscars in Memoriam Tribute. Figured I'd spread the word a bit in case anyone wanted to catch this brief but touching moment.

All Darc

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 am

I missed it.
Had someonne a video, or link, to this homage ?
Keep thinking...

Brooksie

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 1:21 pm

He was listed in the online version only (http://www.oscars.org/about/memoriam). He definitely wasn't included in the main show, but in that, he was in good company.

Of course, they can't fit everyone, but you'd think they could have found room for the likes of Michele Morgan, Charmian Carr and Robert Vaughn, especially when there was so much filler in this year's show.

luciano

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 4:56 pm

I assumed he would be included in the final program, and I'm rather surprised he wasn't. Tribute to life shouldn't be cut for time.

Mark Zimmer

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Seriously, that's outrageous. The Academy has no appreciation for its history, I guess. Just what the flavor of the moment is wearing on the red carpet.

TheyHadFaces

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Only met him once, many years ago, when he was presenting The Indian Tomb at some film festival. Seemed like a nice guy from what I can remember. One of the giants in film restoration right up there with guys like Kevin Brownlow.
Previous

Return to Silent News