Rare Silent Films on Ebay

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

tguinan

Rare Silent Films on Ebay

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 11:10 pm

For anyone who might be interested, I have just placed three new DVD's on Ebay. For the month of April 2017, 100% of the sale price will be donated to The Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum.

The first DVD has 3 nitrate films from my personal collection They include a film about an early Chicago radio station WJAZ which was owned by the Zenith Co.. The second film is a History of Vaudeville with pictures of many vaudeville actors and actresses, and theater owners. The last film is a "Celebrity Reel" with Jack Mulhall traveling the world looking for a drink during prohibition. Also a sequence of with William Powell the "villain" daydreaming about being nice to children, a red carpet sequence for a premiere of a "New Constance Talmadge show" (doesn't say which one) with Howard Chandler Christy, Sam Warner, Charles Ray, Marion Davies, Roscoe Arbuckle, and more arriving and posing. Also a clip of Virginia Vail returning from Europe and Virginia Brown-Faire at home.

The second DVD has a selection of Walter Forde comedies copied from some of my 9.5mm film collection. They include Walter Finds A Father, Walter The Prodigal, Walter The Sleuth, Walter's Paying Policy, and Footing The Bill.

The third DVD has some rare Jimmie Adams films on it. They include Holy Smoke, Nonsense, High & Dry, and Rough & Ready.

I have also made Collections #1 to #5 as 100% donations

Hamilton's Grandson

Re: Rare Silent Films on Ebay

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Thanks tg. Got a couple that are of interest to me. Hope "A Good Scout" shows up someday as my grandfather appeared in 2 or 3 of the Jimmie Adams comedies you just posted on ebay. Look forward to seeing these for the first time.

moviepas

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 2:38 am

Got a link for ebay?

tguinan

Return to Silent News