Rare Silent Films on Ebay

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

tguinan

Rare Silent Films on Ebay

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 11:10 pm

For anyone who might be interested, I have just placed three new DVD's on Ebay. For the month of April 2017, 100% of the sale price will be donated to The Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum.

The first DVD has 3 nitrate films from my personal collection They include a film about an early Chicago radio station WJAZ which was owned by the Zenith Co.. The second film is a History of Vaudeville with pictures of many vaudeville actors and actresses, and theater owners. The last film is a "Celebrity Reel" with Jack Mulhall traveling the world looking for a drink during prohibition. Also a sequence of with William Powell the "villain" daydreaming about being nice to children, a red carpet sequence for a premiere of a "New Constance Talmadge show" (doesn't say which one) with Howard Chandler Christy, Sam Warner, Charles Ray, Marion Davies, Roscoe Arbuckle, and more arriving and posing. Also a clip of Virginia Vail returning from Europe and Virginia Brown-Faire at home.

The second DVD has a selection of Walter Forde comedies copied from some of my 9.5mm film collection. They include Walter Finds A Father, Walter The Prodigal, Walter The Sleuth, Walter's Paying Policy, and Footing The Bill.

The third DVD has some rare Jimmie Adams films on it. They include Holy Smoke, Nonsense, High & Dry, and Rough & Ready.

I have also made Collections #1 to #5 as 100% donations

Hamilton's Grandson

Re: Rare Silent Films on Ebay

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Thanks tg. Got a couple that are of interest to me. Hope "A Good Scout" shows up someday as my grandfather appeared in 2 or 3 of the Jimmie Adams comedies you just posted on ebay. Look forward to seeing these for the first time.
Mark Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com
Joseph Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com

moviepas

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 2:38 am

Got a link for ebay?

tguinan

Return to Silent News