BOOK - Roland West's "The Bat"

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

KevinScottCollier

BOOK - Roland West's "The Bat"

PostSat May 06, 2017 9:30 am

I am compiling a short book on the 1926 Roland West film silent "The Bat." If you are a film historian or big fan of the work, could you extend a helping hand? I'm looking for little known facts about the making of the film that haven't become a part of the mainstream narrative about the film. I've collected virtually every entertainment magazine piece about the film's making, from the Fall 1925 to March 1926. I'd really appreciate any help with (what you believe) is little known info about the film. You will receive credit in the book. Thanks... email to: [email protected]

wich2

Re: BOOK - Roland West's "The Bat"

PostSat May 06, 2017 10:43 am

Kevin, this is such common knowledge that you likely already know it:

This film, and the talkie redo, are considered big influences on the creation of the comics character The Batman. Which was actually NOT so much by the effort of the artist Bob Kane, who ever after hogged all the credit for the legend, but by his main writing partner, Bill Finger.

-Craig

KevinScottCollier

PostSat May 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Craig, true. My wife and I were talking about that the other day, I'm a huge comic book fan, Kane basically ripped of The Bat movie to create Bat-Man. Finger was a great writer, Kane really wasn't a great artist, famous, yes, but he wasn't Jack Kirby.

wich2

PostSat May 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Kevin, Kane's swiping from others, and blatantly lying about it, runs very deep and wide. Worthwhile reading here:

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/389/" target="_blank

Best,
-Craig

Return to Silent News