Silents this week on Filmoteca

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

radiotelefonia

  • Posts: 1971
  • Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Silents this week on Filmoteca

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 11:16 am

This week, the Fernando Martín Peña and Roger Koza show will devote a week of silents devoted to Native Americans.

Monday: THE VANISHING AMERICAN
Tuesday: THE SILENT ENEMY
Wednesday: REDSKIN
Thursday: THE DEVIL'S HORSE and IN THE LAND OF HEAD HUNTERS
Friday: THE DAUGHTER OF DAWN

Here is the actual announcement from the channel, since the stream can be seen for free online.

http://www.tvpublica.com.ar/blog-prensa ... filmoteca/
Offline
User avatar

Spiny Norman

  • Posts: 1165
  • Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:21 am

Re: Silents this week on Filmoteca

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 4:38 pm

radiotelefonia wrote:This week, the Fernando Martín Peña and Roger Koza show will devote a week of silents devoted to Native Americans.

Monday: THE VANISHING AMERICAN
Tuesday: THE SILENT ENEMY
Wednesday: REDSKIN
Thursday: THE DEVIL'S HORSE and IN THE LAND OF HEAD HUNTERS
Friday: THE DAUGHTER OF DAWN

Here is the actual announcement from the channel, since the stream can be seen for free online.

http://www.tvpublica.com.ar/blog-prensa ... filmoteca/" target="_blank
Sounds very good, hopefully they will have some language options.
This is nøt å signåture.™
Offline
User avatar

radiotelefonia

  • Posts: 1971
  • Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Silents this week on Filmoteca

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:
radiotelefonia wrote:This week, the Fernando Martín Peña and Roger Koza show will devote a week of silents devoted to Native Americans.

Monday: THE VANISHING AMERICAN
Tuesday: THE SILENT ENEMY
Wednesday: REDSKIN
Thursday: THE DEVIL'S HORSE and IN THE LAND OF HEAD HUNTERS
Friday: THE DAUGHTER OF DAWN

Here is the actual announcement from the channel, since the stream can be seen for free online.

http://www.tvpublica.com.ar/blog-prensa ... filmoteca/" target="_blank" target="_blank
Sounds very good, hopefully they will have some language options.


They show them with Spanish subtitles only (the Argentine government pays for the show). The movies that are interesting to me are the ones from Thursday and Friday. I have been capturing the stream of the show for years and it is not easy because there is no good software to do it, specially for these last years. But I did manage to capture it anyway.
Offline
User avatar

Spiny Norman

  • Posts: 1165
  • Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:21 am

Re: Silents this week on Filmoteca

PostSun Jun 18, 2017 3:43 am

radiotelefonia wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:
radiotelefonia wrote:This week, the Fernando Martín Peña and Roger Koza show will devote a week of silents devoted to Native Americans.

Monday: THE VANISHING AMERICAN
Tuesday: THE SILENT ENEMY
Wednesday: REDSKIN
Thursday: THE DEVIL'S HORSE and IN THE LAND OF HEAD HUNTERS
Friday: THE DAUGHTER OF DAWN

Here is the actual announcement from the channel, since the stream can be seen for free online.

http://www.tvpublica.com.ar/blog-prensa ... filmoteca/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Sounds very good, hopefully they will have some language options.


They show them with Spanish subtitles only (the Argentine government pays for the show). The movies that are interesting to me are the ones from Thursday and Friday. I have been capturing the stream of the show for years and it is not easy because there is no good software to do it, specially for these last years. But I did manage to capture it anyway.
Just out of technical interest, do they include optional subtitle streams?
This is nøt å signåture.™
Offline
User avatar

radiotelefonia

  • Posts: 1971
  • Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Silents this week on Filmoteca

PostSun Jun 18, 2017 8:55 am

No... they just lift the same signal that is broadcasted at the same time. Subtitles are prepared by the staff in the TV station.
Offline
User avatar

Spiny Norman

  • Posts: 1165
  • Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:21 am

Re: Silents this week on Filmoteca

PostSun Jun 18, 2017 2:48 pm

radiotelefonia wrote:No... they just lift the same signal that is broadcasted at the same time. Subtitles are prepared by the staff in the TV station.
Does that mean that the subtitles are burnt-in?
This is nøt å signåture.™
Offline
User avatar

radiotelefonia

  • Posts: 1971
  • Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Silents this week on Filmoteca

PostSun Jun 18, 2017 9:01 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:
radiotelefonia wrote:No... they just lift the same signal that is broadcasted at the same time. Subtitles are prepared by the staff in the TV station.
Does that mean that the subtitles are burnt-in?


Yes, I don't mind that. This is paid by taxes and at least it is one of the very best shows in a broadcasting station for free.

Return to Silent News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests