Running Wild/It's The Old Army Game from Kino

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Roscoe

Running Wild/It's The Old Army Game from Kino

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Confirmed on Facebook -- coming on November 14. Can't wait.

If only they'd release THE LAST LAUGH already...
"If you lose this war, don't blame me."

www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com

BenModel

Re: Running Wild/It's The Old Army Game from Kino

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Thanks for posting about this! I recorded a new theatre organ score for IT'S THE OLD ARMY GAME. :)

Ben
Undercrank Productions - rare silents on DVD/Blu available on Amazon
follow @silentfilmmusic on Twitter
Silent Film Music Podcast available on Apple Podcasts and on Stitcher.

Red Bartlett

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Roscoe wrote:If only they'd release THE LAST LAUGH already...

Yeah, I was just think about The Last Laugh today! The next time I find some cash in the couch cushions, the Early Murnau set from Eureka is first.

Either way, I feel like I can't keep up with all the silent releases coming out! Good problem to have I guess :lol: but when I first started collecting silent blu-rays it was slim pickins! I think for a brief time I had them all. But now... Now I'm so far behind I've lost count.

Javier

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Red Bartlett wrote:
Roscoe wrote:If only they'd release THE LAST LAUGH already...

Yeah, I was just think about The Last Laugh today! The next time I find some cash in the couch cushions, the Early Murnau set from Eureka is first.

Either way, I feel like I can't keep up with all the silent releases coming out! Good problem to have I guess :lol: but when I first started collecting silent blu-rays it was slim pickins! I think for a brief time I had them all. But now... Now I'm so far behind I've lost count.

Usually I do not like to upgrade, but I could not pass the Early Murnau Set from Eureka!, I have all the films on DVD, but in my opinion every upgrade on a Murnau film it's worth every penny spent.

Running Wild/It's The Old Army Game eventually will be in my collection, waited for so many years for lots of Silents to be out, just a matter of patience and saving$.
"it's a Kafka high, you feel like a bug"

Roscoe

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 am

I messaged Kino on Facebook, and got a reply that THE LAST LAUGH will be coming in November or December. Fingers crossed, with a knock on wood that the Blu-Ray includes the Berklee score.

mwalls

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 7:08 pm

Does anyone have any news on this release? I have not seen any pre-order information on Amazon, so I assume the 14 November release date has been pushed back? There are still a few Paramount silent films in Kino's queue but I have seen no news about any for a while.

Thanks,
Matthew

MattBarry

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 8:57 am

mwalls wrote:Does anyone have any news on this release? I have not seen any pre-order information on Amazon, so I assume the 14 November release date has been pushed back? There are still a few Paramount silent films in Kino's queue but I have seen no news about any for a while.

Thanks,
Matthew

The W.C. Fields films have been pushed back from the November release date mentioned above. I will be sure to keep the group updated on these (and other Paramount silents) when there are details I can share.

THE LAST LAUGH is still coming out on Blu-ray & DVD November 14, in a 2K restoration by the Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung. Special features include a new musical score (2017) by the Berklee Silent Film Orchestra, the original 1924 score by Giuseppe Becce, orchestrated by Detlev Glanert (2003), audio commentary by film historian Noah Isenberg, "The Last Laugh: The Making of," a 40-minute documentary, and a bonus DVD featuring the unrestored export version with music by Timothy Brock, performed by the Olympia Chamber Orchestra.
__
Matt Barry
Kino Lorber, Inc.

bigshot

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 12:03 pm

I recently got the Masters of Cinema box set of Early Murnau. On that set, The Last Laugh doesn't have commentary, but it comes with the 41 minute making of documentary, along with a couple of others and four other Murnau films and a 100 page book. Worth considering if you're region free. The price on the set has dropped under 30 UK Pounds. Good deal.

Roscoe

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 12:04 pm

I messaged Kino of Facebook, and got the confirmation that Running Wild/It's The Old Army Game has been pushed back until the first quarter of 2018.

Harold Aherne

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Updates to Kino's release schedule are maintained by MisterLime in message #3 at the link below:
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/official-kino-insider-announcements-thread-strictly-moderated-read-guidelines.337771/

The Covered Wagon is pencilled in for 20 February, and a number of Selznick titles from their deal with Disney are also planned for early next year.

-HA

Thad Komorowski

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Yes, the W.C. Fields silents are still coming. Don't worry, they're going to look great. You're going to love these.

Return to Silent News