New Mary Pickford Movie "THE FIRST"

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

NEWUSERWHB

New Mary Pickford Movie "THE FIRST"

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 am

Has anyone heard the latest on a biopic film being made about Mary Pickford named "THE FIRST?" There a little info online but just curious if anyone has hear about it yet. Thanks.

Hamilton's Grandson

Re: New Mary Pickford Movie "THE FIRST"

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 8:07 am

For The First 1917, perhaps check for information under the production company Poverty Row, the director Jennifer DeLia, or screenplay for the film by Josh Fagin.
Mark Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com
Joseph Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com

ymmv

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm

I think that project is dead.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/05/cannes ... ve-290650/

“The First,” a long-gestating biopic about beloved screen star Mary Pickford, has added a new executive producer to its growing ranks. Ajay Dhebar of IMC Group Media, in association with IMC Holdings and IMC Entertainment, has been brought on to the production to finance the feature, which has been in development since 2012.

As it happens, IMC Group Media's websiteis now defunct. The last Youtube posting from IMC was in 2016. If mr. Dhebar isn't even able to pay for his own website, what are the chances he can finance a biopic?

NEWUSERWHB

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 6:06 pm

I looked into it some more. It is in post-production. True, it could die before being released. Looking at this link as of March it looks like they are determined, though.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater" target="_blank

BankofAmericasSweetheart

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 10:24 pm

They were filming the movie back in December 2016 apparently. They had stills from production that were posted on Facebook. The problem they now face assuming filming is completed is post-production, distribution and exhibition. One thing is for certain, I will be one of "The First" to see it if/when it does go to festival. :wink:
"It would have been more logical if silent pictures had grown out of the talkies instead of the other way around." - MP

Return to Silent News