JOHN BUNNY BOOK RELEASED

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

KevinScottCollier

JOHN BUNNY BOOK RELEASED

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 10:48 am

A book on silent film comedian John Bunny has just been released! Special thanks to Tony Susnick and Steve Massa for their contribution to it! "Funny Bunny" includes a bio, commentary, Bunny's own words (via interviews) and a list of his films. Thanks to all who helped me with this project... a little book about a big man!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/197653870X/re ... unny+Bunny

smokey15

Re: JOHN BUNNY BOOK RELEASED

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 12:38 pm

This is great news. I first heard of John Bunny as a teenager when I acquired the book "Pictorial History of the Silent Screen". There were many photos of John Bunny and scenes from his films in the book. However no mention was made of whatever happened to him and it wasn't until years later when I found out he died back in 1915. It's unfortunate that many books I've read on the silent screen make no mention of his name. He was the first film comedian.
I plan to order the book thru Amazon.com but where can I order the DVD? Amazon is not showing the DVD.

tguinan

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 1:24 pm

I love John Bunny. Just ordered your book. Thanks!

missdupont

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 6:53 pm

Tony Susnick successfully released a documentary on Bunny last year, with commentary by such historians as Steve Massa and Sam Gill, and is now available on DVD.

ajabrams

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 5:44 pm

smokey15 wrote:This is great news. I first heard of John Bunny as a teenager when I acquired the book "Pictorial History of the Silent Screen". There were many photos of John Bunny and scenes from his films in the book. However no mention was made of whatever happened to him and it wasn't until years later when I found out he died back in 1915. It's unfortunate that many books I've read on the silent screen make no mention of his name. He was the first film comedian.
I plan to order the book thru Amazon.com but where can I order the DVD? Amazon is not showing the DVD.

The link is at www.mindpilotsmedia.com. You send payment via paypal.

Return to Silent News