Kurfürstendam (1920) with Conrad Veidt found ?

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

LampyMeier2007

Kurfürstendam (1920) with Conrad Veidt found ?

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Here from filmportal.de info that footage possible a complete or incomplete print is available at Deutsche Kinemathek : http://www.filmportal.de/node/32087/stock#Archivkopie

Also here is a 13 sec. Clip from the film : http://footage.framepool.com/en/shot/85 ... eodor-loos

Have someone heard about this before or can say how much of the film exist ?

Arndt

Re: Kurfürstendam (1920) with Conrad Veidt found ?

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 9:31 am

Have you approached Filmportal or Deutsche Kinemathek about it? In the past I have tried to follow up similar listings on Filmportal for supposedly lost films. It turned out they had made a mistake. I also approached Framepool about the origin of their clip some years back. I never heard back from them.
I would love to see this film, even though with Richard Oswald as director it is probably not as good as I hope it is.
MELIOR

LampyMeier2007

Re: Kurfürstendam (1920) with Conrad Veidt found ?

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 6:27 am

Hi, Arndt,
I havent contacted them. But I know that only a 12m Clip of the film Das Rätsel von Bangalor (1918) was found some years ago and that Filmportal list it under Archivkopie. (Dont meaning that they have the film but only the 12meter Clip).
But for Bangalor the lenght of the footage is listed as 12m.
On Kurfürstendam (which is also listed under Archivkopie) they have no info about the lenght of the surviving footage. But I personally believe (hope Im wrong) that this Clip is all that survived.

Return to Silent News