Submissions for 2018 Silent Movie Calendar

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Rodney

Submissions for 2018 Silent Movie Calendar

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 8:03 pm

This post is to solicit photos for the 2018 Silent Movies Benefit Calendar.

Consider this an official request for contributions of photos. Donors will receive a credit line of their choosing, and gratified thanks, but no remuneration. 100% of the proceeds after printing costs are donated to archives that are active in silent film preservation. Last year, you raised $2005.25 for the San Francisco Silent Film Festival to underwrite their busy restoration program.

My theme for 2018 will be Music and Musicians. After all, “Music is half the picture.” So, music taking place in films, musicians on-set but off-camera, musicians in theater orchestras, musicians collaborating with directors, musicians visiting the movie sets, maybe even sheet-music covers that tie into specific films.

I need scans that are high-enough resolution to print full size in a calendar, and interesting enough to be worth looking at for a month.

I'm in charge of the photo selection, layout, publishing, and distribution; but I do little of the actual work of collecting original material. For that, I rely on the community of film collectors and archivists who have been the real heroes behind this long-standing project.

If you have contributions to make, please contact me: [email protected]" target="_blank" target="_blank.

And thank you all for your continued support!
Rodney Sauer
The Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra
www.mont-alto.com
"Let the Music do the Talking!"

Return to Silent News