"When You Fall Down"- Buster's story on stage!

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

JDangerfield

"When You Fall Down"- Buster's story on stage!

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi everyone,
I'd like to tell you about my one man musical "When You Fall Down", which tells Buster's story from 1917-1928.
It follows him through 7 days (or one week) from this period, with slapstick, seven songs and a soft shoe shuffle.
Buster has been my hero for many years and the show is designed both as a tribute, and also to bring a whole new audience to Buster and his wonderful films.

The show previewed in London last year, before premiering in the USA at the International Buster Keaton Convention, including to members of Buster's own family! It was also invited to take part in The Slapstick Festival 2018 in Bristol.

The show returns to London on Sunday 11th and Monday 12th Feb at The Hope Theatre, Islington, 7.45pm.

It would be lovely to see some fellow silent fans there!
Many thanks,
James Dangerfield

Tickets are available here
http://www.thehopetheatre.com/productions/when-you-fall-down/

You can also watch a trailer here:
https://vimeo.com/254651498

and "The Navigator"; one of the songs from the show!
https://vimeo.com/254647867

“Entertaining, engaging and full of charm, it’s a very fitting tribute to one of Hollywood’s greatest actor-directors.” ★★★★ (London Pub Theatres)

“‘When You Fall Down’ is a triumph, a must-see for silent film buffs and a gateway for the uninitiated to Buster Keaton’s comic brilliance.” (Binnie Brennan, Keaton scholar and author)

“For anyone who is an admirer of Buster Keaton’s work, loves the silent movie era or just likes a good musical, this show is for you.” (London Pub Theatres)

“James Dangerfield captures the essence of Buster Keaton, one of the greatest film-makers and comic artists in movie history.” (Binnie Brennan, Keaton scholar and author)

“The music, largely piano, written by James Dangerfield, fits the period and acts as a homage to the live musical accompaniment of the silent movie era.” (London Pub Theatres)

“ ‘When You Fall Down’ is a vivid and convincing portrayal of Keaton during his film-making heyday”. (Binnie Brennan, Keaton scholar and author)
Last edited by silentfilm on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded Vimeo videos

bigshot

Re: "When You Fall Down"- Buster's story on stage!

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 11:05 am

no clips of the show itself?

JDangerfield

Re: "When You Fall Down"- Buster's story on stage!

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 3:43 am

Hello!
The show was filmed at The Slapstick Festival but I don't have the video yet. Besides, I don't want to give the game away! :)

Return to Silent News