BOAN (Photoplay) from Twilight Time in May

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Harold Aherne

BOAN (Photoplay) from Twilight Time in May

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 2:31 pm

The Photoplay edition of Birth of a Nation will be issued in R1 by Twilight Time on 22 May, as announced in the link below:
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/htf-exclusive-twilight-time-may-2018-release-announcements.356350/

The BFI release of the same BOAN edition was discussed at Nitrateville here. No word on whether the same extras will be included.
http://www.nitrateville.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20776

This is the first Twilight Time release of a film older than 1939. Asked in another HTF thread about whether more silent films would be coming, Mr. Redmond replied "We have at least one more at this time".

--HA

Roscoe

Re: BOAN (Photoplay) from Twilight Time in May

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 9:22 am

Flicker Alley had announced this a couple of years back in one of their calendars. Wonder what made them drop it.
"If you lose this war, don't blame me."

www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com

Little Caesar

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 3:53 am

Roscoe wrote:Flicker Alley had announced this a couple of years back in one of their calendars. Wonder what made them drop it.

I was sort of surprised by this news as I also remembered that tentative Flicker Alley announcement. BOAN is not a title I would have expected from the company, but as far as I am concerned, more power should be given to any company willing to put out home video editions of silents. Anyway, as for the other title, I wonder if it could be one of the Fox silents. The Kino representative said on the blu ray forum that the company asked for "The Iron Horse" but was told that that title had already been licensed. Up until now, I was thinking that Criterion had licensed the title, but given Twilight Time's relationship with Fox, perhaps it is plausible that we may seeing that title through that company instead. I also wouldn't mind seeing a state-side blu-ray release of "Seventh Heaven."
Never cry over spilt milk, because it may have been poisoned. - W.C. Fields

wich2

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 10:12 am

Little Caesar wrote:I was sort of surprised by this news as I also remembered that tentative Flicker Alley announcement. BOAN is not a title I would have expected from the company

???

I think David S. had been involved with several releases of the title over the years, from Blackhawk on down.

-Craig

Return to Silent News