Milestone gripe: THE DUMB GIRL OF PORTICI

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Arndt

Milestone gripe: THE DUMB GIRL OF PORTICI

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 8:20 am

Now I'm not normally a moaning minnie, but I am a little annoyed with Milestone. Having left out the second disk on the DUMB GIRL OF PORTICI DVD they have now thankfully sent it to me, together with a case that can hold both disks. Mistakes happen and the way Milestone dealt with it is exactly right. What I am annoyed about is that the case they sent me is very obviously second hand. It is all beat up and with bits missing, so I am not going to use it.
Now you may say why do I get annoyed over an item that costs a few pennies, and you'd have a point. But likewise you could say why - when they are already rectifying a mistake - can Milestone not spend a few pennies more to send me a new case?
You might also ask why I don't take this up with Milestone. Maybe it is because my last two emails to them received no reply.
The replacement disk was accompanied by a letter thanking me for being a "part of the Milestone family". Now is that a way to treat family?

And before you even start... yes, I am very grateful to Milestone for releasing these and other classic films. I own lots of their products and will continue to buy from them. But hey - you can love your family and still get annoyed every now and then.
"The greatest cinematic experience is the human face and it seems to me that silent films can teach us to read it anew." - Wim Wenders

Connoisseur

Re: Milestone gripe: THE DUMB GIRL OF PORTICI

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 8:38 am

Every word is well put. But you find that in all businesses
worldwide, depending on the employee you run into...

Arndt

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 8:46 am

I know. Compared to Volkswagen it is not even worth mentioning. But it still irks me.
"The greatest cinematic experience is the human face and it seems to me that silent films can teach us to read it anew." - Wim Wenders

Dan Oliver

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Sorry you had that bad experience. In their defense, it may have just been a fluke. Mine came two days ago and was a brand-new case in perfect condition.
--Dan

milefilms

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 2:32 pm

Dear Arndt,

My apologies about the box, but it was definitely a fluke. Someone must have put one back in the new box. But it was a very stressful time getting the new discs printed, spending three days getting them out, and we lost a LOT of money having to re-send to everybody. The international shipments cost us over $12 to send new discs out to customers.

As for the emails, you requested that we create a larger font for the back cover and that we add the year and running time as well. You also wrote "The whole text feels like it was put together by an unpaid intern in an hour."

To be honest, all were duly noted but there was no question to answer.
Last edited by milefilms on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis Doros
Milestone F&V

Bob Furem

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 2:38 pm

Mine was okay, as well.

Arndt

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 12:49 am

milefilms wrote:To be honest, all were duly noted but there was no question to answer.

Reply duly noted.

Return to Silent News