Mary Pickford Foundation's Vimeo page

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Harlowgold

Mary Pickford Foundation's Vimeo page

PostMon May 21, 2018 12:53 pm

I don't believe anyone has mentioned this on Nitrateville before, if so I couldn't find it, but The Mary Pickford Foundation has loaded up 61 clips on vimeo, many from very rare Pickford titles, and other footage including a 10 minute speech from Mary at USC in 1963 and a 30 minute film probably from the late 50's or early 60's of Mary at Pickfair with guest Adolph Zukor talking together.

Many if not most of these do not appear to be available on the MPF website. Some of the clips and films have been on vimeo for several years but they are still adding to the collection.

https://vimeo.com/mpf

R Michael Pyle

Re: Mary Pickford Foundation's Vimeo page

PostMon May 21, 2018 3:09 pm

The interview with Adolph Zukor and Mary is worth the entire series of clips. Priceless.

colbyco82

PostMon May 21, 2018 5:32 pm

The quality of the TESS OF THE STORM COUNTRY clips are stunning. Hope a blu-ray release is imminent.

linquist

PostMon May 21, 2018 9:38 pm

I know that there are some videos imbedded in the Foundation's site. Are these the same or are they completely different?

Jess McGrath

PostTue May 22, 2018 7:26 am

colbyco82 wrote:The quality of the TESS OF THE STORM COUNTRY clips are stunning. Hope a blu-ray release is imminent.

Wow - agreed completely - looks amazing! All the footage I've ever seen of the '14 version looks like it was run over by a truck, so this is really something else...

Harlowgold

PostTue Jun 05, 2018 4:36 pm

linquist wrote:I know that there are some videos imbedded in the Foundation's site. Are these the same or are they completely different?

I haven't compared the lists but I imagine each site (vimeo and the MPF foundation) have clips that are exclusive to it, vimeo definitely does as the number of listed clips is much higher.

Return to Silent News