Is this the Felix the Cat a lost film ?

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Silencebound

Is this the Felix the Cat a lost film ?

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 11:29 pm

Just discovered a 35mm film roll for the toy projector from Japan, of a Felix the Cat cartoon which is not completed with half of the roll still remaining from the start ( with Japanese main title ). Just ID this 8 pixs and find out if there is existing somewhere.

That's it. After the last frame, then the film was cutted off and now it is lost.
Please click this URL https://www.facebook.com/Silencebound1/ and become a new member to get instant informations and resourced topics.

andybenz

Re: Is this the Felix the Cat a lost film ?

PostSat Jun 23, 2018 5:25 am

This looks like an Alice comedy from Walt Disney to me rather than a Felix the cat film (see third frame for Alice). This could be ALICE CHOPS THE SUEY (aka as Alice in Chinatown). It seems to exist since there are 3 reviews on IMDB.

silentfilm

PostSat Jun 23, 2018 4:40 pm

This is definitely Alice Chops the Suey (1925), so it is not a lost film. However, the title card looks wonderful.

martinola

PostSun Jun 24, 2018 8:22 pm

Silencebound,

Your print is the full silent frame compared to the posted video. It's also a much earlier generation than the video. Your print may be unique in those two respects.

Martin

Silencebound

PostMon Jun 25, 2018 7:20 pm

Many thanks, silentfilm, for letting me know all over this one. I didn't know that this film was came from Walt Disney's Film Vault ! Maybe Walt has breached at Pat Sullivan's copyrighted cartoon character of Felix the Cat. It was due during at the year 1925 which has oftenly imitated at the cat character that 'belonged' to Disney's franchise ! Has even Alice appeared exactly in the Felix the Cat cartoon serial films that Pat Sullivan has borrowed from Disney Productions ? Now, this case is closed as no film scanning is needed. :)
Please click this URL https://www.facebook.com/Silencebound1/ and become a new member to get instant informations and resourced topics.

radiotelefonia

PostMon Jun 25, 2018 7:52 pm

Silencebound wrote:Many thanks, silentfilm, for letting me know all over this one. I didn't know that this film was came from Walt Disney's Film Vault ! Maybe Walt has breached at Pat Sullivan's copyrighted cartoon character of Felix the Cat. It was due during at the year 1925 which has oftenly imitated at the cat character that 'belonged' to Disney's franchise ! Has even Alice appeared exactly in the Felix the Cat cartoon serial films that Pat Sullivan has borrowed from Disney Productions ? Now, this case is closed as no film scanning is needed. :)

The Disney cat is called Julius.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_the_Cat

Return to Silent News