YOU MUST REMEMBER THIS podcast returns - Fact-Checking Anger

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

s.w.a.c.

YOU MUST REMEMBER THIS podcast returns - Fact-Checking Anger

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 5:06 am

Hadn't seen this mentioned here, but the Hollywood history podcast You Must Remember This hosted by Karina Longworth is back with a new series titled Fake News: Fact-Checking Hollywood Babylon, taking stories out of Kenneth Anger's Tinseltown rumour mill recycling bin and re-examining them with an eye on getting as close to the truth of what actually happened as possible.

First two episodes are posted up in Podcastland: one on D.W. Griffith and the Gish sisters, and a second on the death of Olive Thomas, and her marriage to Jack Pickford. The next episode promises a story of Hollywood's second major scandal which had "as cataclysmic an impact on the film industry as anything short of the invention of the talkie." I'm guessing it's Arbuckle, but presumably future episodes will tackle the deaths of Wallace Reid and Thomas Ince as well.

Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!

missdupont

Re: YOU MUST REMEMBER THIS podcast returns - Fact-Checking A

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 8:19 am

You don't need to do anything for this book but to say it's a work of fiction, the end. She's not always accurate with her facts either.

linquist

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 pm

I listened to it for a time. It was an interesting podcast, well produced, but it got a little depressing at times. She seemed more interested in that bad news than in the good news. I had wished it was more about film history and less about film gossip. Looks like I didn't get my wish...

Thad Komorowski

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Why would anyone with disdain for Lon Chaney Jr. do podcasts about Universal horror?

Return to Silent News