The Sheik/Son of the Sheik

Everything related to researching, scoring and performing music with silent film.
  • Author

SeminaryGuy

The Sheik/Son of the Sheik

PostTue Oct 01, 2013 7:49 am

I'd guess that Eric Beheim is possibly on this forum, so I'm curious about something.

I really enjoy the themes he used on The Sheik (and Son of the Sheik), but the MIDI stuff kind of makes me want to claw my eardrums out. Does anyone have the music as played through, say, Garritan instruments instead of standard MIDI? I'd love to have a track (whether by Beheim or not) to play along with either film so that I could show the film to friends who have watched films with full orchestral score but who would balk at a 2 hour exhibition.

(I really don't care for the 1937 reissue music on the disc...in fact, it even skips at one point and loses synchronisation fairly early.)

I guess what I'm asking is...how do I go about getting an alternate music track? Surely someone has one that will work with the Image Entertainment "Special Edition" release of both films on one DVD. :-)
--
David L. Gill
Film lover
Film Score novice
Musician

rudyfan

Re: The Sheik/Son of the Sheik

PostTue Oct 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Ben Model might be the guy for this. He does some alternate tracks. Hello, Ben?

azjazzman

Re: The Sheik/Son of the Sheik

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Won't help with THE SHEIK, but the Kino DVD of SON OF THE SHEIK does have a theater organ score.

Return to Music For Silents