How to find the download 1914 music ?

Everything related to researching, scoring and performing music with silent film.
  • Author

Silencebound

How to find the download 1914 music ?

PostSat Jul 25, 2015 8:18 am

My 22nd film project, "Les Suicides Par Persuasion" ( France - 1914 - 6 min ) will be coming to this site within few weeks, so I am asking anyone whether to give me instruction how to find the 1910-1915 music scores especially piano tunes as that normally found in the vintage theaters that has played while screening many silent films. The modern-themed musics that I've already downloaded it from YouTube 'free-charged' titles in my previous 'Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND !' programs was really a piece of shit that somebody has complaint at me, but . . .
It would be sufficient way to for anyone to help me to find the instruction on downloading some good old-fashioned numbers provided for my hard drive to save it for later, for YouTube-only releases at no cost. I'd be more than happy if I get some finest scores provided for download from other sources. Thanks, mates. :)
I just want to and have to show and tell everybody absolutely NOTHING but only the truth.

boblipton

Re: How to find the download 1914 music ?

PostSat Jul 25, 2015 1:18 pm

I have recently noticed a lot of piano rolls on Youtube.Since the productions are dated, you might find something of value there -- for m, it's nice to hear, for example, Joplin as played by Joplin.

Bob
His plagiarism was limited only by his faulty technique.

-- Peter Schickele

BenModel

PostSat Jul 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Go to www.sfsma.org where you'll find lots and lots of PDFs of silent film mood music cues, cue sheets and more.

Ben
Sign up for my emails at silentfilmmusic.com and get an exclusive link to watch a rare comedy short
Undercrank Productions - rare silents on DVD/Blu available on Amazon
follow @silentfilmmusic on Twitter and on Instagram
Silent Film Music Podcast available on iTunes

Silencebound

PostSun Jul 26, 2015 3:31 am

I think that I'll take you to a big movie what do you wants to see ! Many superb and wonderful thanks, BenModel ! :D
I just want to and have to show and tell everybody absolutely NOTHING but only the truth.

Rodney

PostSun Aug 09, 2015 1:02 pm

Silencebound wrote:My 22nd film project, "Les Suicides Par Persuasion" ( France - 1914 - 6 min ) will be coming to this site within few weeks, so I am asking anyone whether to give me instruction how to find the 1910-1915 music scores especially piano tunes as that normally found in the vintage theaters that has played while screening many silent films.

Since you're interested in piano music from 1914, you might find JS Zamecnik's Sam Fox Moving Picture Music interesting.

That page has a scan of the book in PDF format, plus some MIDI file versions that I recorded in 1998. How good they sound will depend on the quality of your MIDI playback engine, but you're welcome to use them for non-profit use.
Rodney Sauer
The Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra
www.mont-alto.com
"Let the Music do the Talking!"

Silencebound

PostSun Aug 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks, Rodney. This might be of good use for my 22nd project. :)

Return to Music For Silents