The COMPLETE Lilac Time Song (More or Less)

Everything related to researching, scoring and performing music with silent film.
  • Author

bobfells

The COMPLETE Lilac Time Song (More or Less)

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 10:05 am

Additional slides just arrived so here's the complete song (minus the Intro). Now what more do we need? Uh, a dvd would be nice.

vitaphone

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Beautiful Bob! I just got the audience entrance music for LILAC TIME (about 5 minutes) which of course is an extended version of this song.

bobfells

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 9:59 pm

The song nicely adapts to a variety of tempos (tempi) when I try it on my piano. I can imagine that five minutes' worth of variations would sound pretty good.

Just for fun I printed out one of the slides as an 8x10 photo and it came out surprisingly well, considering that my printer is an $80 HP 3-in-1 ink jet. It makes me wonder what it would look like from a laser printer at Kinko's?

rogerskarsten

PostMon Feb 14, 2011 10:28 am

How cool that you were able to track down these slides, Bob! They look like they're in great condition, too. This song is one that I often think about (and sometimes sing to myself) in May when the lilacs are in bloom here -- and Minnesotans apparently love lilacs, because you'll find them everywhere up here!

~Roger

Gagman 66

PostMon Feb 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Bob,

:o I thought I posted some song links here? Must have been in another thread? Great slides, and I love this song. Let alone a DVD, I would be happy with a TCM premier. Long since overdue. I'm desperate to see a good, complete print and a nice transfer from a 35 Millimeter source of LILAC TIME with the original title-card design. Along with the Firn-A' Phone track intact if possible.

Return to Music For Silents