Cinevent - Columbus, Oh. Film Schedule Announced

Announcements of upcoming theatrical silent film exhibitions.
  • Author

J.S.Watson

Cinevent - Columbus, Oh. Film Schedule Announced

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Link to event schedule:

http://www.cinevent.com/EventSchedule.html

This is the 50th year of Cinevent in Columbus. Leonard Maltin will be there this year, introducing a few films. As always, silents will be screened with live piano accompaniment.

I have been enjoying this festival for the past 5 years and look forward to it pretty much all year long. It's a great time. I can recommend the travel if you're anywhere within 500 or so miles of Columbus. Of course that's an arbitrary number, but a great time is to be had there!

If you've looked over the list of films, are there any you're especially interested in (even if you won't be in attendance)?
"Would you like to come with me to a talkie to-night?"

silentfilm

Re: Cinevent - Columbus, Oh. Film Schedule Announced

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 9:03 pm

The Maze and Gog in 3-D!

maliejandra

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 6:00 am

I'm on the committee this year so I actually got some input in the schedule, and one I suggested was the silent Our Gang shorts program so I am looking forward to seeing that and gauging the reaction. I also suggested The Maze for the Wexner Center show because I saw Bob's post about it here on Nitrateville and it looked so interesting. I am thrilled that Leonard Maltin will be our guest and I think his presence will go over well with attendees. By the time Cinevent rolls around I will be almost 8 months pregnant so I imagine I'll spend more time sitting in the screening room than usual, but that's okay because there are a lot of great movies in the lineup.

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 am

I am booked for it, after not going for two years for various family reasons. Looking forward to seeing folks there.
“Sentimentality is when it doesn't come off—when it does, you get a true expression of life's sorrows.” —Alain-Fournier

maliejandra

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 5:51 am

Martin Grams put a nice write-up about the show on his blog. He's a popular vendor each year.
http://martingrams.blogspot.com/

Return to Silent Screenings