"The Lost Patrol" (1934) Provincetown, MA

Announcements of upcoming theatrical sound film exhibitions.
  • Author

Brad Moore

"The Lost Patrol" (1934) Provincetown, MA

PostSun Mar 20, 2016 7:31 am

Hey All,

This Thursday March 24th, I will be showing a super 8 Blackhawk Films print of "The Lost Patrol" (1934) Directed by John Ford Starring Victor McLaglen, Boris Karloff, and Wallace Ford. All films in the series are on Reel Film, Thursday evenings through March at 7:30PM at The WOMR Davis Space in The Schoolhouse 494 Commercial St. in Provincetown, MA. There will be a $5 dollar suggested donation to help community supported radio WOMR during the off season. Free Popcorn will be provided by The Provincetown Inn, and Beer, Wine, and Soda will be available for donation too. There are now Film Series Tee Shirts available for $25 dollars.

Ray Faiola

Re: "The Lost Patrol" (1934) Provincetown, MA

PostWed Apr 20, 2016 8:36 am

A couple of years ago I bought a 16mm print on eBay. I had a C&C print but the seller showed some frames of the original main title, so I took a gamble on it being a pre-reissue version. Not only was it the complete 74 minute version (struck in 1938), but it came in a shipping case with CLIFF REID's name and address on the label! Reid was the producer of the picture for RKO. I know of only one other uncut 16mm print of the film extant - Merian Cooper's print on deposit at Brigham Young University.
Classic Film Scores on CD
http://www.chelsearialtostudios.com

Return to Talkie Screenings