"A Laurel and Hardy Fright Night" Pronivincetown, MA

Announcements of upcoming theatrical sound film exhibitions.
  • Author

Brad Moore

"A Laurel and Hardy Fright Night" Pronivincetown, MA

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 8:43 am

Hey All,

My Fall and Winter Film Series has started up again, and this This Thursday October 19th at 7:30PM, I will be screening two super 8 sound Blackhawk Films. First up will be there (1930) "A Laurel and Hardy Murder Case", and then "Oliver Eighth" (1934).
These two Laurel and Hardy Featuretts just in time for the Halloween season. "The Laurel and Hardy Murder Case", It is a American Pre-Code short film, and one of a handful of three-reel comedies they made, running 28 minutes. It was Directed by James Parrott, produced by Hal Roach and distributed by MGM. This is the first film where Oliver says "Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into". The phrase is commonly misquoted as "Here's another fine mess you've gotten me into" and has passed into everyday language usage. The phrase means to blame another person for causing both people an avoidable problem.
"Oliver The Eighth" (1934) Is another American Pre-Code short film comedy starring Laurel and Hardy. It was Directed by Lloyd French, produced by Hal Roach and distributed by MGM, and Costars Mae Busch, who costarred in several of their shorts, Featuretts, and some of the features too.

This Film Series runs through the end of March & features movies shown on reel film, at 494 Commerial st. Provincetown, MA. 02657, in The Schoolhouse, in The WOMR Davis Space. A $5 dollar suggested donation will help WOMR, and WFMR in the Off Season, with free popcorn supplied by The Provincetown Inn. Beer, wine and soft drinks will be offered for sale, and while they last Ned Sontag designed Film Tee Shirts for 25 dollars too.

Return to Talkie Screenings