For Sale: HIS WOODEN WEDDING with Charley Chase

Got something? Want something? Trading in vintage film-related items.
  • Author

silentfilm

For Sale: HIS WOODEN WEDDING with Charley Chase

PostThu Jun 26, 2008 12:18 pm

His Wooden Wedding (1925)

A few moments before Charley is going to marry, a "friend", who is jealous, gives him an anonymous note, stating that the bride has a wooden leg. Charley cancels the wedding, but agrees to leave her his very expensive engagement ring. His "friend" sees his chance to get the ring and tells her otherwise. But when he tries to hide the ring in his top hat, Charley finds out that he has mistakenly taken the wrong hat - the ring is in Charley's hat. And he decides to go on a cruise. The bride, who has found out the reason for Charley's change of mind follows them on her father's yacht. Aboard the liner, Charley is fooling around with his top hat, and it takes a while, till he finds out about the hidden ring and starts wondering about the situation...

The film features Charley Chase, Katherine Grant and Gale Henry. Directed by Leo McCarey.

800-foot 16mm film on 1973 Eastman stock with an variable-area organ score. One splice in "The End" title, otherwise excellent condition with little wear. This is the Charles Tarbox edition, which used a Kodascope as a preprint. The preprint did have some wear, so this probably doesn't look as good as the Blackhawk version of this title. No vinegar syndrome.

$85 plus USPS Priority Mail Fixed Rate shipping in the USA. Contact me for international shipping.

silentfilm

PostThu Jan 22, 2009 11:41 am

HIS WOODEN WEDDING is for sale on eBay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120367511023.

silentfilm

PostTue Jan 27, 2009 9:49 am

His Wooden Wedding has been sold.

Shorty

PostThu Jan 29, 2009 9:03 am

There was a scored edition in Super 8, that's the one for me

silentfilm

PostThu Jan 29, 2009 9:29 am

Shorty wrote:There was a scored edition in Super 8, that's the one for me

Actually, that is why I sold this print. It was scored, with an organ score. But the print from Charlie Tarbox's Film Classic Exchange had a 16mm Kodascope as a preprint, and the preprint had some wear. I would rather have the Blackhawk version, which has a much sharper preprint as well as a music score.

Shorty

PostMon Feb 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Indeed was, another Super 8 print I still need for the Chase collection. Well, maybe someday...

Return to The Exchange