Any old 35mm fragment films for 1080p media ?

Got something? Want something? Trading in vintage film-related items.
  • Author

Silencebound

Any old 35mm fragment films for 1080p media ?

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 4:51 am

Seemingly that I've been running out of remaining 35mm film rolls after scanned first 7 fragments and uploaded it here via YouTube, most recently. I'd love to do some more of it but nothing has come to me just yet. Well, if you have any more 35mm nitrate film rolls of any genres and any lengths that needs more media attention then my Epson GT-8200UF film scanner will do the job that yields the 1080p presentation at ease. Just view my 'Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND !' video demo here, around the corner. I want to buy ( and or lend ) the fragments but if you want it right back on your hands, then I will return the finished-scan 35mm rolls to you if requested. Any badly-damaged and torn 35mm sprocket holes is absolutely no problemo. Lost and Unknown 35mm films with limited identification only but sound-on-film 35mm stock does not apply. Just PM me.
I just want to and have to show and tell everybody absolutely NOTHING but only the truth.

Marr&Colton

Re: Any old 35mm fragment films for 1080p media ?

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 5:28 am

Over a 30 year hobby with 35mm and 16mm film, I rarely ran into early silent 35mm silent nitrate film--in spite of
nationwide searches through estate sales, other collectors, etc. I would be glad I found what I did, considering these
films are about 100 years old. Luckily, more and more early film found in domestic and
foreign archives are showing up on DVD.

When I got out of that hobby, I donated all the early silent film to the American Film Institute. I always advised
people with nitrate film to get it out of the house since fire insurance companies might not settle a claim
caused by nitrate film fire. (in the US, nitrate film is considered hazardous material only suitable for storage in approved facilities)

Good luck in finding early film.....try other collector sites as well as estate sales.

Silencebound

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 7:05 am

Yes, of course, I will donate all the complete-scanned fragments to the Film Archive Center in Canberra only after when I'm done with it. Simple enough, I simply can't take it with me to my grave, for instance. :wink:
I just want to and have to show and tell everybody absolutely NOTHING but only the truth.

Darren Nemeth

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Silencebound wrote:Yes, of course, I will donate all the complete-scanned fragments to the Film Archive Center in Canberra only after when I'm done with it. Simple enough, I simply can't take it with me to my grave, for instance. :wink:

eBay UK and France is the best place to look for fragments. Even one frame fragments cut from film for single eyepiece viewing by companies.
Darren Nemeth
1966 Batboat Blog!
http://batboat.blogspot.com/

Silencebound

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 2:16 am

I see. Thanks for the info, Darren. :)

Return to The Exchange