1927-28 & 1937-38 Paramount Campaign Books For Sale

Got something? Want something? Trading in vintage film-related items.
  • Author

vitaphone

1927-28 & 1937-38 Paramount Campaign Books For Sale

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 6:50 am

Hi all! I am offering two of my Paramount exhibitors campaign books for sale, and wanted to post here first before putting on eBay. Each is complete and in good shape. The 1927-28 has a spine tear that is easily repaired. I am willing to sell separately but if combined will give a better price. I have MANY pictures and if you are on Facebook you can go to my page or the Vitaphone Project page and scroll down to see them. If interested you can private message me with your email and I can send pix to you.

Here are the descriptions:

First is my 1927-28 Paramount pumper book. Loaded with great graphics and at 128 pages absolutely the biggest campaign book by far I've ever seen. Most others are 40-50 pages max. Other than minor fixable spine corner damage it is in perfect shape with zero internal defects. Featured films include PADLOCKED,Lloyd's FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, Griffith's SORROWS OF SATAN, GLORIFYING THE AMERICAN GIRL (postponed for 2 years), ALOMA OF THE SOUTH SEAS, WINGS, OLD IRONSIDES, W.C. Fields double page spread for SO'S YOUR OLD MAN and a second to-be-titled Fields spread, Von Stroheim'sTHE WEDDING MARCH, Beery/Hatton WE'RE IN THE NAVY NOW, Raymond Griffith's GET OFF THE EARTH (not made), MAN TRAP, Eddie Cantor in KID BOOTS, Untitled specials by Allan Dwan, Von Stroheim, Marshall Neilan, Swanson, Negri, Menjou etc., BEAU GESTE, Fields THE WILD MAN FROM BORNEO (not made), Lloyd in COLLEGE DAYS (not made), Clara Bow announced for LOVE EM AND LEAVE 'EM. Much more. Because of the contents, condition and size am looking to get $700 for this one.

Second campaign book is Paramount's 1937-38 season. In excellent shape, no damage and again complete. Includes (almost all are gatefold three panel foldouts) SOULS AT SEA, ARTISTS AND MODELS OF 1938 (retitled), Dietrich in ANGEL, MAE WEST IN SAPPHIRE LIL (retitled), EBB TIDE, SPAWN OF THE NORTH, DOUBLE OR NOTHING, ARGENTINE LOVE, TRUE CONFESSION, COLLEGE SWING, CHOCOLATE ARE (all black musical, never made, to star Louis Armstrong), DeMille's THE BUCANEER, HIGH WIDE AND HANDSOME, BLUEBEARD's EIGHTH WIFE, Gary Cooper in WHAT HO! (not made), TH BIG BROADCAST OF 1938 (different cast, no Hope, Fields), Bea Lillie & Bing Crosby in untitled musical (became DOCTOR RHYTHM), W.C. Fields in THINGS BEGAN TO HAPPEN (never made, fantastic art), BEA GESTE, MIDNIGHT, Harold Lloyd in PROFESSOR BEWARE, THE VAGABOND KING, PARIS HONEYMOON with Crosby, BOOLOO and THIS WAY PLEASE (neither made), HER JUNGLE LOVE with Lamour, MEN WITH WINGS, THE LIGHT THAT FAILED, many B pictures, Fleischer Popeye/Boop/other cartoons, shorts, etc. About 65 pages total. Asking $500 for this one.

$1000 plus postage if you buy both. Thanks!

vitaphone

Re: 1927-28 & 1937-38 Paramount Campaign Books For Sale

PostSun Jul 24, 2016 5:06 am

Just a heads-up that I will be posting both of the campaign books listed above at a higher price on eBay later this week. So if anyone here is interested, please message me ASAP. Would prefer these go to a nitratevillian.

Thanks!

Return to The Exchange