A lot of movie books up for sale

Got something? Want something? Trading in vintage film-related items.
  • Author

telical

A lot of movie books up for sale

PostThu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 pm

I have been investing in Bitcoin/Altcoin machines and am very enthusiastic about it so I've also been spending most of my working days studying about it and mining them.

So, that means my other work has fallen off and I need to sell a bunch of books. Here is one auction and shows my
feedback which goes back to 1998 with 100% positive:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAST-OF-THOUSAN ... 1703130754" target="_blank?

the other ones I'm just selling on Amazon, etc. right now, and would be available via paypal for anyone who wants
them:

A CAST OF KILLERS - THE SENSATIONAL TRUE STORY OF HOLLYWOOD'S MOST SCANDALOUS MURDER - COVERED UP FOR SIXTY YEARS
Publisher: DUTTON (1986). Hardcover. Book would be in very good-plus condition except previous owner wrote in pencil the birth and death dates, and ages of the characters in the book that are mentioned in detail in the afterward. This can be erased but I thought I would leave it in case someone might find it interesting. Dust jacket is in very good condition.
$7

The Films of Charlie Chaplin
Gerald D. ; Conway, Michael ; Ricci, Mark McDonald (Author)
Hardcover: 224 pages Publisher: Bonanza (1965) Language: English. Very good-plus book in very good dust jacket. DJ has a light covered faint scratch and two tiny dents on front cover.

The Movies Classic History of American Motion Pictures
Griffith, Richard ; Mayer, Arthur
New York Simon & Schuster 1981 Revised. Highly illustrated with hundreds of photographs. Previous owner's gift inscription, "To Charlie..." Very good. No dust jacket.
$12
This book is very large and heavy.

The Movie Business Book
Squire, Jason E.
Fireside Books 1992 2nd edition. Fireside Trade paperback Corner crease on back cover. Normal book yellowing due to this kind of paper. Very good condition.
$5

The Movie Book; a Comprehensive, Authoritative, Ominous Volume on Motion Pictures and the Cinema World
Scheuer, Stephen H.
The binding was reglued in a large torn area, as was the dust jacket, otherwise very good book in very good dust jacket. First Edition. 1.75 kg; 384 pages., includes index. Colour illustrated dustwrapper. Text illustrated with 400 + pictures -- scene stills, portraits etc in black and white. An introductory section spells out the main revolution of the film drama, followed by a much more eclectic account of the growth of the movies, a study of those genres that made up the greater part of Hollywood history. Size: Folio -- over 12" - 15" Tall. Performing Arts; Film; ISBN: 0706404661. ISBN/EAN: 9780706404661. Publisher: Octopus, London, 1974.
$10

Grandma's Scrapbook of Silent Movie Stars
Kaduck, John M
Wallace-Homestead Book Co 1976 Paperback Near fine.
$5

Classics of the Silent Screen
Joe Franklin (Author)
Hardcover Publisher: Bramhall House (1954). Very good book in good dust jacket. The spine cloth has some discoloration, probably due to aging of the dye over time. You can only see if when you take off the dust jacket. The dust jacket has some tiny chips missing and internally repaired tears.
$8

These prices do not include postage but I can make a deal on bulk lots including postage discounts. I can sell any book individually and update the list as they sell. I have another older book on films which name escapes me right now so check back. I have more recent books on film and television writing (some signed) which I will add also.

telical

Re: A lot of movie books up for sale

PostMon Nov 21, 2016 10:05 pm

There is something going on now called the election cycle slump. It's too bad I discovered things I wanted to buy at this same time.

Return to The Exchange