Two reel 35 mm Nitrate copy of Boy , Oh Boy from 1936

Got something? Want something? Trading in vintage film-related items.
  • Author

renneadorejgilbert

Two reel 35 mm Nitrate copy of Boy , Oh Boy from 1936

PostThu Nov 24, 2016 6:20 pm

I have a two reel 35 mm Nitrate copy of Boy , Oh Boy from 1936 starring Bert Lahr ..it's a 19 minute Comedy short , according to IMDB ..I haven't run it ...It's actually in very good condition but I don't have the means to view it all. Just listed it on Etsy ( shop: bravenewjunk ) if you want to see some pics of it . This could be the only 35 mm print ..I have to assume it's a sound feature given the year. $600 . is what i consider fair for local pick up .. a little more for hand delivery within a 150 mile radius approx. of the Washington DC area thanks Alan [email protected]" target="_blank

Marr&Colton

Re: Two reel 35 mm Nitrate copy of Boy , Oh Boy from 1936

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 2:37 pm

BOY, OH BOY (1936) is a 19 minute short. It was made by Educational Pictures, a short comedy
lot and distributed through Fox. If you need information on film--go to IMDB.com and search.

This is a good film to preserve, but not all that rare, still worthwhile film to save---if it were mine I would donate it to UCLA Film and Television Archives.

Be advised that nitrate film is very flammable and cannot be shipped by most carriers unless it is declared as such.
I believe UPS will deliver with appropriate notation and possibly extra cost.
Last edited by Marr&Colton on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

renneadorejgilbert

Re: Two reel 35 mm Nitrate copy of Boy , Oh Boy from 1936

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi , thanks for the reply . Several years ago I donated some Nitrate films to the L.O. C . and shipped them ..it was a major hassle then , approx. 12 years ago .. and I'm sure it's more of one now. At any rate , I'm more interested in generating income than donating films ... on the other hand I don't really like holding on to Nitrate films for obvious reasons ! I ended up with a bunch of reels a year ago and most of it I had to dispose of unfortunately . Thanks ,Alan

Return to The Exchange