Trails of Adventure -1933-Buffalo Bill Jr 35mm Nitrate Reels

Got something? Want something? Trading in vintage film-related items.
  • Author

renneadorejgilbert

Trails of Adventure -1933-Buffalo Bill Jr 35mm Nitrate Reels

PostMon Nov 28, 2016 10:44 pm

I have 4- 35 mm Nitrate reels from Trails of Adventure 1933 American Pictures Corp. The last of the six pictures that starred Buffalo Bill Jr. also known as Jay Wilsey , all considered to be lost films . Trails of Adventures was on of the only ones that Jay Wilsey directed . There is considerable information available about this lesser known Cowboy movie star , including posters and photos ,etc. Apparently though no film. These are 4 out of 6 reels and they are 35 mm format. They range in condition. The first reel has the paper title and is in the best condition for further restoration. Given the fragile nature of the film it will not be shipped anywhere ..local delivery will be arranged . There is info on IMDB about the movie , cast , details , etc. It was more of a drama than a flat-out shoot em up Western from what I can ascertain. Apparently done on a very low budget , which might add to it's charm . To be clear , this is a project for someone wishing to undertake it . The price of admission , so to speak , is the first step to that end. I have these listed on Etsy ..shop name bravenewjunk

Marr&Colton

Re: Trails of Adventure -1933-Buffalo Bill Jr 35mm Nitrate R

PostTue Nov 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Try contacting the folks at Grapevine video--they transfer and restore 35mm material like this.

www.grapevinevideo.com

renneadorejgilbert

PostTue Nov 29, 2016 7:28 pm

Thanks for the reply ..I notice you replied to my first post as well . While your intentions are good .. I am aware of how expensive it is to a transfer of 35mm Nitrate film ...to me it's cost prohibitive . I'm an antiques dealer and I have a nose for Nitrate films it seems ..I seem to be able to find them in my travels from time to time . As I said , I have donated them before but I'm not retired or independently wealthy so I am only interested in selling them . If I do change my mind at some point I would just drive them to the LOC facility near Culpepper , VA . Or the Eastman Kodak folks in Rochester, NY ..much closer than Los Angeles for me ! Again , thanks but donation is not on my horizon . Alan

silentfilm

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 12:33 pm

Here's a link to the Etsy auction: https://www.etsy.com/listing/235722921/trails-of-adventures-1933-buffalo-bill

The film is likely in the public domain, but with two reels missing it is more difficult to get someone to restore it. I've posted this link on the AMIA list server. Maybe it will generate some interest with the archivists there.

Return to The Exchange