Classical Series For Television

Open, general discussion of music during the era of classic/nitrate movies
  • Author

Paul Nagle

Classical Series For Television

PostTue Jun 14, 2016 12:09 pm

Nitrate Angels: In what has become somewhat of a tradition for me, every couple of years I re-post a plea regarding a television series from the early-Fifties. As classical music was the show's theme, I thought I would reach out to the most finely-tuned ears of the residents of NitrateVille, those who frequent the "Music of the Era" neighborhood. I do this knowing that it only takes one "Yes!" to make it all worthwhile. I am in the hunt for a music series entitled, "MUSIC OF THE MASTERS", a thirteen-episode show produced in 1949-50 in Rome by All-Nations Television, which feature the Orchestra of the Academy of Santa Cecilia in performance of classical pieces under the baton of Maestro Jacques Rachmilovich. Narration was provided by Milton Cross, better known as "The Voice of The Metropolitan Opera" The series was originally syndicated to television stations in the U.S. in 1950 by International News Service and subsequently by Screen Gems and National Telefilm Associates. I am very interested in knowing if any of the episodes have survived. Many thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have. All The Best -- Paul

Return to Music of the Era