OLED vs AMOLED

Technically-oriented discussion of classic films on everything from 35mm to Blu-Ray
  • Author

All Darc

OLED vs AMOLED

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 1:53 pm

Well, people told me that when I scould see a OLED TV I would quite to make crits and stop complain about view angle of thin screen TVs.

But AMOLED and Super AMOLED are told to be superior to OLED, as it have own touch screen layer sensor.

There is a friend's cell phone here, that I imagine it was a IPS (or PLS) LCD, but searching the specification of the model on web I found it was Super AMOLED screen.

Wel, this Super-AMOLED still have the problem of view angle, the image gets darker in put on a 40 degree. It also turns even greener. In other words, just another garbage screen once again.
This without talk about it be less bright in day light than LCD, less sharp, and prone to color saturation fadding with the time, reducing durability.

Bloody hell... Isn't there any technology for thin screen in this world able to display a decent image without troubles in lower angles ????????

Should I launch a wordwide challenge to TV manufactures?
I challlenge any TV manufacturer to show me a TV that do not anoys me!!!
Keep thinking...

Donald Binks

Re: OLED vs AMOLED

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 2:25 pm

My television set shows coloured pictures in Cinemascope and the sound comes out in stereo. What does OLED and/or AMOLED do to it? Are they things I should have? What will I see (or hear) that I don't now?
Regards from
Donald Binks

"I tawt I taw a Pooty Tat. I did! I did taw a Pooty Tat!

All Darc

Re: OLED vs AMOLED

PostMon Feb 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Strange, the smartphone that is suposed to be Super-AMOLED get darker and greener in 45 degree angle. But a youtube comparison of a OLED TV vs a IPS TV shows thte OLED have no distortion in lower angles. But AMOLED is suposed to be superior to OLED...
Maybe the smartphone it's lying... I don't know...

Donald, the difference should be to not anoys me. For you I don't know.

I tried to watch this LED-4K TV here, but I just can't, I feel horrible looking to it. I made a flat bright image on Photoshop and put on a pen drive to display on the TV screen, and the image it's not homogeneous even from 2 or 3 meters or away.

If OLED TVs have a lot of defect too, I will write letter to all manufactures calling them liers.
Keep thinking...

Return to Tech Talk