Fiber optics Full HD in my country. Ohhnn no...

Technically-oriented discussion of classic films on everything from 35mm to Blu-Ray
  • Author

All Darc

Fiber optics Full HD in my country. Ohhnn no...

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 am

Today I went to visit a seller who whos offering me a new service, by fiber optics, for HD signed TV, and together with High Speed internet and phone.
He didn't have a proper room to display the product quality, and I needed that they put a TV there. Strange... This make you get a idea about how things are here.

The 40 (or less) inch TV was in a room with a large window, and there was reflex on screen, and he said could not close the curtaim because the room was monitored.
Despite be fiber optics, the image was not good, despite be better than the sat signed TV HD we have (that I don't watch cause it's disgusting). I could see the defect even with 40 (or so) inch and with reflexes on screen.

The fiber optics HD still have motion blur of vídeo compression and some artefacfts, and textures was not even closer to a 1080p Blu Ray. Skin, for example, have large textures, but not the fine textures, and hair waves in a women hair style got somewhat lost during little ore medium moviments.

Fiber optics services with HD, another lie. At least in my country. Perhaps they catch the channels signal already not very good, and after that fiber optics will not worth much as the primordial image was already not very good.
I guess I would need to trip to Japan to have some chance to see a TV Channel that have some decent image with true HD details and textures and artefact free..

The problem here is that people accept any crap, any garbage. For example, mobile cell phone here. People buy smarthphones with videophone capability, and use it, but the image and audio fails everytime, and to say something that in a analogic phone of the early 90's people would take 10 seconds, in the videophone they took 25 seconds, cause the audio fails and delais etc...

When people have no self respect and accept garbage, the companies don't give a damn to offer quality services and will always profit over idiot consumers.
Last edited by All Darc on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Keep thinking...

Donald Binks

Re: Fiber optics Full HD in my country. Ohhnn no...

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 1:23 pm

In Australia most people get their television off the air with an aerial. That's the way I get it and the picture and sound are excellent.
Regards from
Donald Binks

"I was in love with a beautiful blonde one time. She led me to drink. It's the only thing I'm thankful to her for."

All Darc

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Donald, do you mind if I ask you something, despite we do not know each other by long time?

May I ask you a autograph of Crocodilo Dundee?

By what you said about TVs and broadcast I imagine you are his neighbour or live very close to hin.

:lol:

Please forgive me for the joke. :wink:

A hug to the good australian people there.

Donald Binks wrote:In Australia most people get their television off the air with an aerial. That's the way I get it and the picture and sound are excellent.
Keep thinking...

milefilms

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 3:22 pm

We have Verizon FIOS (fiber optics) in New Jersey and I've always had some problems with it. There was a lot of break up, especially in shows I watched over the DVR. However, when I went to a faster internet speed (300 mb/s) for business, all the cable problems went away. The two are tied together and though that shouldn't be the case, it was.
Dennis Doros
Milestone F&V

Donald Binks

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 4:20 pm

All Darc wrote:Donald, do you mind if I ask you something, despite we do not know each other by long time?

By what you said about TVs and broadcast I imagine you are his neighbour or live very close to hin.

Actually I think you may be closer to where he lives - Los Angeles is just up the road from Brazil is it not? :D
Regards from
Donald Binks

"I was in love with a beautiful blonde one time. She led me to drink. It's the only thing I'm thankful to her for."

All Darc

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Háa háaa... a few hundred thousand more blocks.

I imagined Paul Hogan lived on Australia with his beautiful blonde wife Linda Kozlowski.

Donald Binks wrote:
All Darc wrote:Donald, do you mind if I ask you something, despite we do not know each other by long time?

Actually I think you may be closer to where he lives - Los Angeles is just up the road from Brazil is it not? :D
Keep thinking...

Donald Binks

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 6:56 pm

All Darc wrote:Háa háaa... a few hundred thousand more blocks.

I imagined Paul Hogan lived on Australia with his beautiful blonde wife Linda Kozlowski.

He was originally from Sydney and then moved up to Byron Bay when he started to earn the big bickies. He had an affair with Linda Kozlowski whilst making "Crocodile Dundee" and subsequently married her divorcing his wife and moving to America as Ms. Kozlowski is American. Incidentally the Seven Network here is premiering a short biographical series on him this coming Sunday night.
Regards from
Donald Binks

boblipton

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 7:20 pm

I think you could satisfy All Darc by writing a letter to yourself, Donald and signing Mr. Hogan's name. It's not like he'll know the difference.

Bob
His plagiarism was limited only by his faulty technique.

-- Peter Schickele

All Darc

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 9:45 pm

Interesting. Thanks to share it.
But what I refer is not break up but the encoding quality itself, when the film it's encoided to a not very rich band space.

milefilms wrote:We have Verizon FIOS (fiber optics) in New Jersey and I've always had some problems with it. There was a lot of break up, especially in shows I watched over the DVR. However, when I went to a faster internet speed (300 mb/s) for business, all the cable problems went away. The two are tied together and though that shouldn't be the case, it was.
Keep thinking...

All Darc

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Bob I'm afraid you didn't got the joke very well. The autograph request was a excuse to make some fun (friendly) about Donald's approval of HD broadcast and LCD/LED screens, since Crocodilo Dundee is a character that live quite away from city.

But I really think Paul Hogan it's a nice comedian and actor, and Linda is really beautifull.

boblipton wrote:I think you could satisfy All Darc by writing a letter to yourself, Donald and signing Mr. Hogan's name. It's not like he'll know the difference.

Bob
Keep thinking...

boblipton

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 5:13 am

It's true I have no sense of humor, All Darc. I mourn its absence. Still, there are compensations. At least I've got decent cable service.

Bob

-- Peter Schickele

All Darc

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 2:08 pm

I can't believe you no sense of humor... everyone has. My joke wasn't very much clear after all.

Is the signal of you cable 1080 or 1080i ?

Today they called again, and the girl on phone tried to push it on me once again, and after I said the image quality wasn't good enough despite be fiber optics, she changed and, contraring the technician guy, start to told me the HD channels was by a mini sat dish and not fiber optics.
The tecnician guy two days earlier told the signal was the best cause was by fiber optics and have no failure as mini sat dish.

These people are just crazy, one time said one thing and in another change to a diferent thing. I can't believe...

Some people develope compulsion, obsessive compulsion for buy things. But I'm developing the oposity, aversion to buy things, cause I'm tired of lies over lies, from manufacturers and from sellers .

boblipton wrote:It's true I have no sense of humor, All Darc. I mourn its absence. Still, there are compensations. At least I've got decent cable service.

Bob
Last edited by All Darc on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep thinking...

boblipton

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Nope, no sense of humor at all. As for how many DPI my tv screen is, I have no idea. Next time you're here, feel free to count for yourself.

Bob

-- Peter Schickele

Donald Binks

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 3:12 pm

AllDarc finally installs suitable equipment in order to watch super-collosal, high-regard definitive television...

Unfortunately the serviceman installing the set wasn't an expert...
Regards from
Donald Binks

All Darc

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I got the Science channels of Alien (1979 movie) homeworld, also a sport channel from the Predator's planet, but could not get the Arte Channel or the australian boomerang sport channel.
:mrgreen:

Donald Binks wrote:AllDarc finally installs suitable equipment in order to watch super-collosal, high-regard definitive television...

Unfortunately the serviceman installing the set wasn't an expert...
Keep thinking...

Arndt

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 7:26 am

Donald Binks wrote:Unfortunately the serviceman installing the set wasn't an expert...

Surely that's a microwave oven.
MELIOR

boblipton

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 8:14 am

Arndt wrote:
Donald Binks wrote:Unfortunately the serviceman installing the set wasn't an expert...

That would explain the bad reception.

Bob

-- Peter Schickele

All Darc

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 8:25 am

After the failure of the giant parabolic dish antena, I will suggest the conversion into parabolic solar generator:

Also usfull as parabolic cooker:

:lol:

Arndt wrote:

Keep thinking...

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 10:50 am

Just think, when you finally get a TV that meets all your demands, you can watch this:

“Sentimentality is when it doesn't come off—when it does, you get a true expression of life's sorrows.” —Alain-Fournier

All Darc

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Mike, I'm not angry anymore, just making fun. 8)

But talking about TV, since you it brought back, I saw in a store a LG 60 inch, IPS, 4K, and it have quite the same distortion when looking close to it as the Samsung 50 inch 4K here (that I refuse to watch). IPS hoax... Digital Hoaxcracy !
LG: Liar Gear.

About broadcast HD, or by SAT or by cable (optic fiber or not), you would only understand me if you watched the same I watched. If your country have really good system you will think I'm crazy. So I think can't blame you...
Digital medias started with promess of critaline quality, since the CD arrive, and today turned up into, at least here, in a crap. That's what I don't accept.

I watch some few thing on PC (LED monitor), but don't use full screen option and not for long things. I have no patience to real entertainment itself by LCD/LED technology.
Paul Hogan is fine, I'm just not the great fan on Earth. It was part of making friendly joke with Donald. But I will watch that. Thank you.
Keep thinking...

Return to Tech Talk