Our Miss Brooks

Open, general discussion of old-time radio and early television
  • Author

mwalls

Our Miss Brooks

PostSun Mar 27, 2016 4:52 pm

I am quite a fan of the OTR show Our Miss Brooks. Very cleverly written and excellent character portrayals. I even a few months ago had the privilege of speaking with the woman who played Harriett Conklyn on the series and getting her autograph.

The largest repository of episodes I can find is Archive.org. Archive.org has 190 episodes; most of them complete. I came across a website recently that showed that there could have been a possibility of somewhere around 330 episodes made.

Some members of this site are extremely adept in terms of resources for film information. Is there a site(s) that I could visit which would tell me how many Our Miss Brooks radio episodes were made, descriptions, lost/existing notation, etc.?

Thanks,
Matthew

ajabrams

Re: Our Miss Brooks

PostTue Mar 29, 2016 4:18 pm

mwalls wrote:I am quite a fan of the OTR show Our Miss Brooks. Very cleverly written and excellent character portrayals. I even a few months ago had the privilege of speaking with the woman who played Harriett Conklyn on the series and getting her autograph.

The largest repository of episodes I can find is Archive.org. Archive.org has 190 episodes; most of them complete. I came across a website recently that showed that there could have been a possibility of somewhere around 330 episodes made.

Some members of this site are extremely adept in terms of resources for film information. Is there a site(s) that I could visit which would tell me how many Our Miss Brooks radio episodes were made, descriptions, lost/existing notation, etc.?

Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew - You might try your query at this Group: www.ricksplace.info
-There seem to be a lot of OTR experts on there.

wich2

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am

Matthew, here are two solid sites for information about whether certain episodes are in existence, and then whether they are in circulation:

http://www.otrsite.com/radiolog/

http://www.radiogoldindex.com/

Best,
-Craig

ClarenceE

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Also try https://www.otrcat.com/p/our-miss-brooks. I've gotten a Lot of mp3 discs from them with zero problems.

TheThinMan

PostThu Jun 02, 2016 11:00 pm

I second ricksplace.info. Lots of radio historians on there. Recent talk about Our Miss Brooks last month was that the episodes have official script titles but that even commercial releases of the series features made-up titles. Copyright registrations and program information was also provided including total number of episodes. Archive.org has been under fire from copyright holders for the illegal downloading and uploading so be cautious when visiting that site.

Return to Talking About Broadcasting