Coca-Cola (1987, panregional unedited)

Open, general discussion of old-time radio and early television
  • Author

radiotelefonia

Coca-Cola (1987, panregional unedited)

PostFri Sep 09, 2016 11:37 pm

This commercial had been online for years in a version that was spoiled by a Cantonese announcer in the middle and the original poster actually asked for somebody to remove it. I just did it using part of the soundtrack of the version that aired in Argentina, as well a sign in the end.

McCann-Erickson probably prepared the ad as it is featured here. However, in each country that aired the ending was modified, usually inserting the ending of the original 1986 commercial as aired in each country. That was the case, at least, in Argentina.

Last edited by radiotelefonia on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radiotelefonia

Re: Coca-Cola (1987, panregional unedited)

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 11:56 pm

After several years of being in a bad version (but good enough in order to remove the voice of a Cantonesse announcer), I managed to find an acceptable version of the one that aired in Argentina, although I decided to keep the soundtrack with some of its flaws.

Although titles here are in Spanish, McCann-Erickson made two changes here: they removed the segment featuring the girl from Spain (she is actually the same one for France) and the ending in English for the Argentine version instead.

Return to Talking About Broadcasting