Burke's Law on Decades Binge

Open, general discussion of old-time radio and early television
  • Author

Rufus T Dowd

Burke's Law on Decades Binge

PostSat Sep 09, 2017 10:48 am

The series Burke's Law is the weekend binge on the Decades channel this weekend starting on Sat. Sept 9th at 1:00 pm . It will run thru Sun the 10th at 4:00 pm when it transfers to Honey West.
They ran this series binge last year and like last year the episode with Buster Keaton will not be shown.

JFK

It's Burke's Law

PostSat Sep 09, 2017 11:36 am

Thanks for the news!
Burke's Law: Season 1 Volume Two
While mulling over a purchase of the DVD set with the Keaton episode (above), one can click the record image (below) and listen to
the
1965 Ska song by Prince Buster
Prince Buster died a year ago, on September 8.

Harlowgold

Re: Burke's Law on Decades Binge

PostSun Sep 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Rufus T Dowd wrote:The series Burke's Law is the weekend binge on the Decades channel this weekend starting on Sat. Sept 9th at 1:00 pm . It will run thru Sun the 10th at 4:00 pm when it transfers to Honey West.
They ran this series binge last year and like last year the episode with Buster Keaton will not be shown.

Unfortunately Decades has a bad habit of not giving enough information on their program guides. For the month's listing it simply says "Burke's Law marathon" during the time slot, on the daily listing it does list episode titles but alas no stars. Most of these appear to have been from the later episodes (I'm not sure but I don't think those are on dvd) and have only a handful of classic Hollywood guest stars (Dorothy Lamour, Ida Lupino are in two titles I recognize) and are mainly 1950s-60s players like Jan Sterling, John Ericson, George Nader, and Barbara Eden).

Can't whine because since I've been able to pull this channel in via antenna (60+ miles away from the station) it's one of the channels I watch most often.

barry byrne

Re: Burke's Law on Decades Binge

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 6:47 am

Episodes of Burke's Law have run periodically on the UK sat channel "Talking Pictures", as have the rather more interesting "Honey West".

I don't recall either series having been broadcast by UK terrestrial television originally, though I could be wrong.

Return to Talking About Broadcasting