3-D RARITIES II

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Bob Furmanek

3-D RARITIES II

PostFri Sep 22, 2017 11:54 am

You asked for it!

If you still don't have our critically-acclaimed first volume of 3-D RARITIES, here's a link to place your order direct from our good friends at Flicker Alley: https://www.flickeralley.com/classic-mo ... y=20414531" target="_blank

https://sites.google.com/site/3dfilmarc ... arities-ii" target="_blank

dalefullerfan2014

Re: 3-D RARITIES II

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Any chance this may screen at The Rafael in San Rafael?
Thanks,
Randy
PS,
I saw the previous 3-D Rarities program there a couple of years ago and it was fantastic!

William D. Ferry

PostSun Sep 24, 2017 8:55 am

Oh sweet macaroons! You have brought me an early Christmas! :D
Yours for bigger and better silents,

William D. Ferry
(Blackhawk Customer #0191462)

s.w.a.c.

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Now if only I could get a decent 3D TV. Do they even still make them? A friend has a plasma 3D Panasonic and the picture is remarkable. I bought the first 3D Rarities so I could watch it at his place.
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!

SilentsPlease

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 11:28 am

s.w.a.c. wrote:Now if only I could get a decent 3D TV. Do they even still make them? A friend has a plasma 3D Panasonic and the picture is remarkable. I bought the first 3D Rarities so I could watch it at his place.

3D TVs are hard to find now, so many people go for 3D projectors and projection screens. I myself have a 27" 3D computer monitor that I use to watch 3D Blu-rays with PowerDVD. But watching 3D on a small screen feels like looking at a dollhouse. You need a big screen to watch 3D because the life-like quality offered by 3D is better seen in LIFE SIZE. That's why watching 3D in a theater is much more impressive. On a small screen, everything is miniaturized and you feel like looking at figurines. Still, I buy and watch 3D Blu-rays quite a lot, if the content is interesting enough.

realist

PostFri Sep 29, 2017 12:34 am

You can get a 3D capable projector for $400-600 that will display a 70-100" picture (try doing that with a TV). Shutter 3D Glasses run about $25.00 a pair. You will need a 3D blu ray player. A white wall or screen will complete this set up. There are reviews of all kinds of projectors at ProjectorCentral.com

Mister Renfield

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 12:02 am

I have a media room with an Epson 3D projector and a 120" screen. It's not as expensive as it sounds. The model of pj I own(Epson 5030) is regularly on sale, and there are cheaper models that are probably just as good. The wall was measured against the projector image size, and I purchased paint from Home Depot that is meant to be used for home theater. 3D looks amazing. I think the 3D format will survive mostly through projector's, and anyone interested in 3D should consider getting one.

s.w.a.c.

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 11:52 am

Sadly, the space in my condo won't allow for a proper projection setup. But it'll be something to consider down the road.

The passive 3D in theatres (polaroid glasses) doesn't work for me, for whatever reason my brain refuses to process it after a few minutes, and the effect simply goes flat, but the active 3D I've seen with shutter glasses has been outstanding (I've watched Kiss Me Kate, Creature From the Black Lagoon and 3D Rarities on a friend's set). I have a 3D-capable OPPO blu-ray player, but had just bought a new non-3D flatscreen before that. Bad timing on my part.
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!

Return to Talkie News