NEW LESLIE HOWARD DOC

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

drednm

NEW LESLIE HOWARD DOC

PostThu Sep 03, 2015 5:26 am

From my UK friend Tom Hamilton. This looks fascinating.

I wanted to let you know about the brand new campaign I’m running on Indiegogo for The Mystery of Flight 777. It’s possible you may have seen something about it through my Facebook page - which i retitled to Mystery of Flight 777. But as of now I'm going to get it out there.

http://igg.me/at/mystery-flight-777/x/3182417

As you'll see there's a lot of fresh activity on this project - new filming, new research I want it to have the sheen that Man Who Gave a Damn ended up with - but at a lower cost.

I appreciate not everyone can contribute at this time – but if you tell your friends about it – and get them to join in then – we can make progress.

Yes there are some very interesting new developments on the Flight 777 documentary - I interviewed a 91 year old ex GI from Ohio early tonight - (we were on Skype so he could see and hear me - although we had a cameraman there filming him so the quality should be great). His tells of convalescing in England from Battle injuries and spending Christmas with a family in Plymouth who told him an extraordinary story about what happened on June 3rd 1943 in the Bay of Biscay. If I can corroborate this story with one of the surviving members of this family it will represent a coup of some significance in the Flight 777 story (although I'm also conscious it will be hard to verify with certainty. I realise I’m being a little coy about what I’m telling people about this right now – but I don't want to scare off the family concerned. However there is a clue in the video we posted and it'll become clearer as the campaign progresses.
Ed Lorusso
Writer/Historian
-------------
https://wordpress.com/view/silentroomdo ... dpress.com

siriami

Re: NEW LESLIE HOWARD DOC

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 3:52 am

Just a heads-up to let UK fans of Mr Howard (and also this excellent documentary: "The Man Who Gave a Damn") that it has been shown on Talking Pictures TV here in Britain over the Christmas period and that it will be repeated over the next few months. Also I believe that it has been picked up by TCM in the US to be shown there.
It would be great if this received a DVD release as well.
Alistair

Return to Talkie News