Judy Garland at Hollywood Forever

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Brooksie

Judy Garland at Hollywood Forever

PostFri Jan 27, 2017 7:01 pm

According to this article, Judy Garland's remains have just been moved from New York and will be re-interred at Hollywood Forever cemetery.

By coincidence, I used to live not far from the cemetery where she was previously, which is in a pretty obscure little town in Westchester. I was amazed to discover that she was in such good company there, including Joan Crawford, Richard Barthelmess and Preston Sturgess, to name a few.

Harlett O'Dowd

Re: Judy Garland at Hollywood Forever

PostSat Jan 28, 2017 10:37 am

Brooksie wrote:According to this article, Judy Garland's remains have just been moved from New York and will be re-interred at Hollywood Forever cemetery.

By coincidence, I used to live not far from the cemetery where she was previously, which is in a pretty obscure little town in Westchester. I was amazed to discover that she was in such good company there, including Joan Crawford, Richard Barthelmess and Preston Sturgess, to name a few.

To tie this in with the other thread, maybe Crawford and Davis should re-planted next to each other at HF. It would certainly prompt me to go for a visit

Jim Roots

PostSat Jan 28, 2017 10:52 am

Harlett O'Dowd wrote:
Brooksie wrote:According to this article, Judy Garland's remains have just been moved from New York and will be re-interred at Hollywood Forever cemetery.

To tie this in with the other thread, maybe Crawford and Davis should re-planted next to each other at HF. It would certainly prompt me to go for a visit

Oh my god! What a zombie movie THAT would make!!!!

Jim

R Michael Pyle

PostSat Jan 28, 2017 11:45 am

Jim Roots wrote:
Harlett O'Dowd wrote:

Oh my god! What a zombie movie THAT would make!!!!

Jim

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wich2

PostSun Jan 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Jim Roots wrote:Oh my god! What a zombie movie THAT would make!!!!

"They're BACK - and it's BITCHIN'!!!"

Dean Thompson

PostSun Jan 29, 2017 9:01 pm

wich2 wrote:

Sounds like we should fasten our seatbelts, yes sir. Pass me a wire hanger, please.

Harlett O'Dowd

PostMon Jan 30, 2017 8:44 am

Dean Thompson wrote:
wich2 wrote:

Sounds like we should fasten our seatbelts, yes sir. Pass me a wire hanger, please.

Mike S - if you're reading, I think we have an idea for your next film (I want to play Joan.)

wich2

PostMon Jan 30, 2017 11:56 am

On a double-bill with this classic of the genre!

Return to Talkie News