Abbott & Costello Rarities and Hollywood Rarities

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Steve Stanchfield

Abbott & Costello Rarities and Hollywood Rarities

PostWed May 17, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi Nitrateville Folks!

I don't post very often, but thought I'd mention a few of the titles we're producing here. Abbott and Costello Rarities is a Blu-ray/DVD combo featuring a whole series of really rare material. It's a lot of fun. It's available on Amazon as of today:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LHFPM7

The other title likely won't have as much of a release. It's a Blu-ray/DVD combo also, but they're BDR/DVDRs. It's called 'Hollywood Rarities' and features a whole series of shorts related to Hollywood- some made for home movies, others are theatrical or for Television. It's available directly from the Thunderbean Website- it likely won't be available as one of the permanent releases that we sell on Amazon:

http://www.thunderbeananimation.com/dvdsales.html

We also continue to do the cartoon sets; Flip the Frog is very much in progress right now, and looking really great. We hope to continue to do more sets of various films besides just cartoons as well.

bigshot

Re: Abbott & Costello Rarities and Hollywood Rarities

PostThu May 18, 2017 10:32 am

I already have a pre-order in on the Abbott and Costello. Just put in an order for the Hollywood Rarities set. Looking forward to your collections!

MGH

PostMon Jul 24, 2017 2:24 am

This includes the first episode of their radio show [complete] from 1940. Does anyone know if the bonus material include any radio stuff? Thanks.

Ray Faiola

PostMon Jul 24, 2017 4:46 am

I have the A&C disc. The most striking section is the collection of color sound intros that Lou did for his own home movies. WOW!
Classic Film Scores on CD
http://www.chelsearialtostudios.com

MGH

PostMon Jul 24, 2017 12:57 pm

I have it, also. Only a lucky few have the bonus material, and maybe they could tell us if it has radio programs.

MGH

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 5:11 pm

The extras are currently not for sale. If anyone DID get the extra material... does it include any 1930s radio shows?

Robert W

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 8:13 pm

No radio shows on the bonus disc. Primarily a lot of home movies, including one section labelled Europe and another labelled Patty's Birthday Party. A sound short called Cleveland Film with an A & C cameo.

This is all sourced from the menu - I haven't actually looked at much of the actual bonus content yet.

MGH

PostThu Jul 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks Mr W

Return to Talkie News