Miriam Marx

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

The Blackbird

  • Posts: 461
  • Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:38 pm
  • Location: London, Ontario

Miriam Marx

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 9:33 am

Groucho's eldest daughter has died at age 90. She published a book in 1992 entitled LOVE, GROUCHO, a collection of correspondence between herself and her father.
Offline

ClarenceE

  • Posts: 84
  • Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: Miriam Marx

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Rest in Peace. :(
Offline
User avatar

Jim Roots

  • Posts: 2425
  • Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:45 pm
  • Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: Miriam Marx

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Wow, had no idea she was that old.

So the second generation of Marxes is starting to leave us...

Jim
Offline

Wm. Charles Morrow

  • Posts: 1107
  • Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:10 pm
  • Location: Westchester County, NY

Re: Miriam Marx

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Jim Roots wrote:Wow, had no idea she was that old.

So the second generation of Marxes is starting to leave us...

Jim


Her brother, playwright Arthur Marx, died in 2011 at the age of 89; meanwhile, Chico's daughter Maxine died in 2009 at age 91. So, sad to say, that second generation of Marxes is already well on its way out the door. But so far at least they've all lived to a ripe old age.
-- Charlie Morrow
Offline
User avatar

The Blackbird

  • Posts: 461
  • Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:38 pm
  • Location: London, Ontario

Re: Miriam Marx

PostSat Jul 01, 2017 2:29 am

Bill Marx and Melinda Marx are (to my knowledge!) alive and well.
Offline
User avatar

Jim Roots

  • Posts: 2425
  • Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:45 pm
  • Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: Miriam Marx

PostSat Jul 01, 2017 8:03 am

Wm. Charles Morrow wrote:
Jim Roots wrote:Wow, had no idea she was that old.

So the second generation of Marxes is starting to leave us...

Jim


Her brother, playwright Arthur Marx, died in 2011 at the age of 89; meanwhile, Chico's daughter Maxine died in 2009 at age 91. So, sad to say, that second generation of Marxes is already well on its way out the door. But so far at least they've all lived to a ripe old age.


Indeed!

Have any of the third generation gone into comedy?

Jim
Offline

busby1959

  • Posts: 394
  • Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:12 pm
  • Location: Cathedral City, California

Re: Miriam Marx

PostSat Jul 01, 2017 7:01 pm

The Blackbird wrote:Bill Marx and Melinda Marx are (to my knowledge!) alive and well.



Bill Marx certainly is! He plays piano at clubs and cabarets all over the Palm Springs area. He wrote the songs for a review a number of years back called "Palm Springs Confidential" which I was fortunate to be a part of.

Return to Talkie News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests