BREAKING: MOVIES! TV changes name to CHANNEL HATARI!

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

daveboz

BREAKING: MOVIES! TV changes name to CHANNEL HATARI!

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 1:34 pm

---------- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ----------

MOVIES! TV CHANGES NAME TO CHANNEL HATARI!

Starting on November 31 later this year, MOVIES! TV will become CHANNEL HATARI! in honour of the 1962 Howard Hawks classic HATARI!, which will be presented on a permanent, non-stop, 24-hour a day, continuously repeating schedule.

The change is in response to a massive viewership poll. According to CEO G. "Whiz" Samsa, "We had almost 300 votes in our on-line poll, most of them from a guy in Queens, and the results are absolutely unanimous: HATARI! is absolutely the greatest film ever made, a fun-filled cornucopia overflowing with action, whimsy, comedy, pathos, music, cute baby elephants, whimsy, and Red Buttons."

Samsa is quick to point out that variety is essential to maintaining a steadily growing viewer base. "Once a year -- either Thanksgiving or Christmas -- CHANNEL HATARI! will feature a special one-off exclusive midnight screening of EL DORADO, a 1967 Howard Hawks classic that, like HATARI!, stars John Wayne, but not Red Buttons."

Ironically, Samsa has not always been a fan of HATARI! "I never saw the thing until I was nearly 90. A friend of mine -- a bit of a prankster -- recommended the film to me on the basis of a scene where Red Buttons gets stomped into the ground by a herd of stampeding elephants. I tuned in and got hooked right away, even though there WAS no scene of elephants stomping Buttons."
yer pal Dave

Return to Talkie News