RIP Barbara Marx Sinatra

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

Daniel Eagan

RIP Barbara Marx Sinatra

salus

Re: RIP Barbara Marx Sinatra

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Ironically Nancy Sinatra Sr. is still alive, she turns 100 in September. Nancy Sr. was still close friends with Frank in the years after their divorce. I always wondered how Nancy Sr. , Ava Gardener, Mia Farrow and Barbara Marx Sinatra got along.

ChrisStockslager

PostThu Jul 27, 2017 4:28 pm

salus wrote:Ironically Nancy Sinatra Sr. is still alive, she turns 100 in September. Nancy Sr. was still close friends with Frank in the years after their divorce. I always wondered how Nancy Sr. , Ava Gardener, Mia Farrow and Barbara Marx Sinatra got along.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Ava Gardner and Nancy senior probably were very wary of each other if not politely hostile. From what I've read, I don't think Nancy senior really cared either way about Mia Farrow. It seems like everyone in the Sinatra family hated Barbara and saw her as a golddigger, including Nancy Reagan, who told Frank to leave her in the mid-80s. Tina Sinatra is very candid about her dislike for Barbara in the book and about how she alienated him from his the three kids. She did some sketchy things like try and take Frank's mother's jewelry, etc. when she was killed in the plane crash, and slowly eliminated all of Frank's hoodlum friends over the years. Very very soon before he married Barbara, if memory serves, Frank called and tried to get Ava back and thought of maybe rekindling a romance with Nancy senior. I don't think those two ever stopped loving each other. Same with Frank and Ava.

In terms of Barbara, good riddance. She lived a very cushy life and a long one at that.

Wm. Charles Morrow

PostFri Jul 28, 2017 9:09 am

ChrisStockslager wrote:She did some sketchy things like try and take Frank's mother's jewelry, etc. when she was killed in the plane crash, and slowly eliminated all of Frank's hoodlum friends over the years.

She . . . eliminated them? She must have been a very formidable woman.
-- Charlie Morrow

ChrisStockslager

PostMon Jul 31, 2017 1:51 am

Wm. Charles Morrow wrote:
ChrisStockslager wrote:She did some sketchy things like try and take Frank's mother's jewelry, etc. when she was killed in the plane crash, and slowly eliminated all of Frank's hoodlum friends over the years.

She . . . eliminated them? She must have been a very formidable woman.

LOL!!! I mean, I think she was, but maybe not THAT formidable ... I hope... Maybe Jilly Rizzo was set up to die in that auto accident after all!!! ;)

Return to Talkie News