"Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story"

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

MattBarry

"Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story"

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Kino Lorber and Zeitgeist Films are releasing the critically-acclaimed documentary HAROLD AND LILLIAN: A HOLLYWOOD LOVE STORY on Blu-ray and DVD. Directed by Academy Award-nominee Daniel Raim, this documentary chronicles the personal and professional lives of storyboard artist Harold Michelson, and his wife, film researcher Lillian. Harold Michelson created storyboard art for such Hollywood classics as THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, BEN-HUR, THE APARTMENT, CLEOPATRA, IRMA LA DOUCE, THE BIRDS and THE GRADUATE, among many others. Harold and Lillian's work in film spanned decades, working with master filmmakers from Hitchcock to Spielberg. The film features interviews with some of the filmmakers with whom they worked over the years, including Mel Brooks, Danny DeVito, and Francis Ford Coppola.

The Blu-ray and DVD will be released on October 3rd. Special features include deleted scenes, Lillian's Life Lessons, Harold's Film School Seminar: Camera Angle Projection, a bonus short film: Storyboarding "The Graduate", and the US theatrical trailer. Also included is a booklet featuring original art and a Filmmaker Magazine interview with director Daniel Raim.

https://youtu.be/nhMUjJF4uUw
__
Matt Barry
Kino Lorber, Inc.

boblipton

Re: "Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story"

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 4:20 pm

I saw this on TCM and it is truly charming.

Bob
The matter is complicated, and I shall proceed to complicate it still more.

-- Avram Davidson

Dean Thompson

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 7:15 pm

What Bob said. The Michelsons are just lovely, funny, charming people. This release is great news.

Booze Movies

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 am

IT CAME FROM THE BOTTOM SHELF! is a movie recommendation site, focusing on forgotten classics, lesser-known gems, and oddball discoveries. https://www.bottomshelfmovies.com

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 9:01 am

It is also one of the subjects of the latest NitrateVille Radio podcast; I spoke with filmmaker Daniel Raim.
“Sentimentality is when it doesn't come off—when it does, you get a true expression of life's sorrows.” —Alain-Fournier

Thad Komorowski

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 am

I did a spot on WBGO News with Daniel when it first came out. It's indeed a lovely documentary about two woefully underrated figures. I'm excited to see it come out on Blu-Ray.

Return to Talkie News