next book will be on the Jean Harlow films

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
  • Author

JLNeibaur

next book will be on the Jean Harlow films

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 8:47 pm

After I finish my current book project on the Thelma Todd-ZaSu Pitts-Patsy Kelly short comedies for McFarland, I will begin work on The Jean Harlow Films for the same publisher. I think the only other book on Jean's movies was the Citadel one back around '69 or so.

I have a book on the Andy Clyde Columbia Comedies (also McFarland) coming out in March, 2018. A book I did on the Charlie Chan film series will be out from Bear Manor later that year. My current book now out is The Monster Movies of Universal Studios for Rowman and Littlefield.

Back when I was teaching full time I would go as much as three years between book projects, but after retirement I devoted full time to writing (spending as much time per day as I once did in the classroom) and started writing a book every year-and-a-half or so. Because they are often for different publishers, they would often come out on top of each other. One year I had four books come out but a couple of them had been written two years earlier.

The Jean Harlow project will be my 25th book, as well as the only one I'll be writing in 2018 (I did also agree to contribute a chapter to an anthology on a director). I plan to do some traveling next year, including (finally) hitting Cinecon in September.

Thanks for any interest any of you have had in my book projects.

JN

Return to Talkie News