16mm Film Projection Images

Posts of a primarily image-based nature including galleries, ID requests, etc.
  • Author

lindon

16mm Film Projection Images

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 6:38 pm

When I view a 16mm film, parts of 2 pictures are projected. The frame adjustment knob on the projector does not correct it. Could this be caused by film shrinkage?

bobfells

Re: 16mm Film Projection Images

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 9:53 pm

I assume you mean that you see the bottom half of the image in the upper half of the screen and the top part of the image in the lower half with a horizontal black bar separating the two. If so, the framer knob needs to adjust the image either up or down. If shrinkage were the culprit I'd think that you'd have trouble getting the film to run through the projector in the first place. If it runs relatively smoothly and quietly then we're back to the framer.

lindon

PostWed Jan 25, 2017 7:14 am

Yes, your description is correct. No matter how much I turn the framer it doesn't center the projected picture. As I turn the knob I can see the film move so I know it is functioning. :?:

wingate

PostWed Jan 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Is the gate correctly located.check that everything is in correct alignment.you may have a fault with the framer

bobfells

PostWed Jan 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Also, have you tried running another film? I'm wondering if the film you're using was misprinted and misaligned with the sprockets.

lindon

PostThu Jan 26, 2017 8:32 am

I'm also thinking it must be something to do with the film. I cleaned the aperture plate and pressure shoe. Nothing changed. After I digitize this film I'll try another reel to see if it does the same thing. Thanks for your comments.

Return to Image Gallery