Human Wreckage (1923)

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
  • Author

radiotelefonia

Human Wreckage (1923)

PostSun Dec 14, 2014 7:32 pm

Ricardo

Re: Human Wreckage (1923)

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 4:16 pm

The text of the still is in Portuguese and says:

"James Kirkwood and the scene director of the film Human Wreckage, of Wallace Reid's widow, while building the street which in the movie give an idea of the narcotic addict's allucination state."

Ricardo

Keaton

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Hello!

Maybe someone here can help me, I intend to publsih a book on drugs in silent movies in germany. I want to use that screenshot as an illustration, but I have no idea where to look for a possible rights holder. So, anyone know where to look or if the picture is public domain?

Thanks!

AbZeroNow

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Keaton wrote:Hello!

Maybe someone here can help me, I intend to publsih a book on drugs in silent movies in germany. I want to use that screenshot as an illustration, but I have no idea where to look for a possible rights holder. So, anyone know where to look or if the picture is public domain?

Thanks!

Since Dorothy Davenport("Mrs. Wallace Reid") died in 1977, stills might be still under copyright in the EU (maybe someone more familiar with EU laws can say something)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Wreckage

Producers were Davenport & Thomas Ince(died in 1924). Maybe the descendants of either of those still have the rights?

Return to Talking About Silents