Searching For Photos / Info About Maryon Aye

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
  • Author

rockynelson

Searching For Photos / Info About Maryon Aye

PostWed May 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a big fan of the Mack Sennett bathing beauties and one of my favorites is Maryon Aye (her name is sometimes spelled Marion Aye). She made a handful of movies and sadly committed suicide in 1951. I have started a blog about Maryon and I'm searching for photos or any information about her life.

You can see the blog at http://maryonaye.blogspot.com/" target="_blank and you can email me at [email protected]" target="_blank

Hamilton's Grandson

Re: Searching For Photos / Info About Maryon Aye

PostWed May 24, 2017 11:30 pm

Rocky,

Looks like she had a busy vaudeville experience in the late 20's (after 1926) and early 30''s up until her suicide attempt in 1935 per newspapers.com.
LA Times and Oakland Herald have a few articles (3 to 4) on her in the early 30's with mention of a few plays that she was in other than Bad Girl 1931 and The Married Virgin 1932. She played the complicating secretary in The Ostrich 1930 which ran in LA in the fall of that year. There is also mention that she attended her second husband's (HD Wilson) funeral in 1933 and was still receiving alimony up until his death. I wouldn't call $10 to $20 a week in alimony much to cheer about, so I am sure she wanted desperately to make a comeback.

Good luck with your research.
Mark Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com

Return to Talking About Silents