Hallroom Boys 3 DVD set - 14 titles

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
  • Author

SilentEchoes57

Hallroom Boys 3 DVD set - 14 titles

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 6:58 pm

You can purchase a 3 DVD set of 14 Hallroom Boys shorts at this eBay link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hallroom-Boys-Silent-Comedies-Sid-Smith-Edward-Flanagan-Neely-Edwards-DVD-/261419859403?epid=1625035432&hash=item3cddd67dcb:g:ipMAAOxyoVZTHS-~

The image quality of these 9.5mm films is quite good considering the source. The set comes with a 26 page booklet including notes about the series, a complete filmography, and contemporary newspaper accounts of each title in the set. Proceeds from the sale go towards the Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum. I had never before heard of the Hallroom Boys, whose films are clever and well-produced. I highly recommend this set.

Cheers, John

Hamilton's Grandson

Re: Hallroom Boys 3 DVD set - 14 titles

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 7:32 pm

I also acquired this dvd and agree. I recall discussing the story behind the original 9.5 mm European gauge prints when I contacted Grahame Newnham in UK via email when doing some research on Jimmie Adams comedies. It seems he provided his 9.5 mm prints at one time to create a DVD set a few years back.

If you visit his website at: www.pathefilm.uk/95filmhallroom.htm it will give you an interesting perspective on his print collection.
Mark Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com
Joseph Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com

Jim Roots

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 8:13 am

Ordered! I haven't seen enough of the Hallroom Boys, so I'm looking forward to this set.

Jim

Battra92

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 11:38 am

I've never heard of these guys before but I'll definitely put it on my wish list. I see some of their films are on YT filmed at a rather odd angle. Still, should be interesting to check out.

tguinan

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks John. I am the one who sells these on Ebay along with many other rare silent films including the Texas Guinan Westerns. Wondered why I had multiple sales this morning. Be sure to click on the see other items in my Ebay store I have quite a number of films. All of the DVD's I sell are transfers of films in my personal collection. I may have bought one or two of the films in the Hallroom Boys set from Graham Newton (fantastic website by the way), but he is not to keen on shipping to the USA. Most of them came off Ebay. Some were transfered for me in England, and some by Alamo Film in Texas. I have added royalty free music (for which I do hold valid licenses).

For the rest of 2017 I am donating all the proceeds from the Ebay sales of my DVD's to the Niles Essanay Film Museum to help in their preservation efforts. I'm about half way on getting the donation set up so give me until tomorrow to finish that up in case there is something you want to buy. Also I will be adding a few new titles this weekend and next so make sure you check back. I will try to remember to add a thread on the new things I'm adding. As you can see from the low posting count I don't post very much, but will try to start contributing more. Also check my update on the Nitrate Clips #2 thread!

Return to Talking About Silents