Valentino parodies

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
  • Author

rudyfan

Valentino parodies

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 4:42 pm

I am looking for scans of either Will Rogers from Big Moments from Little Pictures and Stan Laurel from Mud and Sand and Monsieur Don't Care.

Anyone of the comedy collectors have images they'd be willing to loan/share scans for part of my The Films of Rudolph Valentino manuscript?

Please PM me if you have any material you are able to or willing to share for my project. Thanks!

Donna

tguinan

Re: Valentino parodies

PostMon Jul 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Sorry don't have any of these, but don't forget Ben Turpin's The Shriek of Araby!

Turpinutz

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 10:04 am

I once had a real nice original still of Roger's in a reclining pose in costume as Valentino's sheik from Big Moments from Little Pictures, Donna, but gave it to my good friend Cole Johnson (a big Hal Roach collector) years ago.

And after my Ben Turpin biography was published a few years back, I got rid of almost all of my Turpin memorabilia. I had several stills from The Shriek of Araby that I wish I could have furnished for you. Perhaps Sam Gill can help you.

Good luck with your project!

- SteveR

Rodney

PostThu Jul 27, 2017 9:24 pm

There's a Rudolph Vaselino parody (unsure of the exact spelling) in Walt Disney's silent Puss in Boots.
Rodney Sauer
The Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra
www.mont-alto.com
"Let the Music do the Talking!"

Return to Talking About Silents