1926 - New Time Travel Sitcom

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
  • Author

Aaron1927

1926 - New Time Travel Sitcom

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 2:27 pm

A new late night comedy about the 1920's has begun airing on British TV. The sitcom is called Timewasters and involves a group of musicians who are taken back to London in 1926. Here is a short montage of clips. Would you react the same way as these guys? Silly, but fun. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWUktwHcqow

Last edited by silentfilm on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedd YouTube link

Donald Binks

Re: 1926 - New Time Travel Sitcom

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 2:50 pm

"How can I eat you?"
and
"Oh? Four black chaps in London - you must be a jazz band!"

Two lines that brought forth a chuckle.

I suppose my eagle eye draws me away from some of these period things because I all too readily notice what they get wrong. Even in this brief segment I noticed two things - like the microphone was of a much later period - and wing collars were not attached to shirts in those days.

Still it'd be interesting to float back to the 1920's - briefly - ride in the motor cars and listen to the music! :D
Regards from
Donald Binks

"So, she said: "Elly, it's no use letting Lou have the sherry glasses..."She won't appreciate them,
she won't polish them..."You know what she's like." So I said:..."

Jim Roots

Re: 1926 - New Time Travel Sitcom

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 9:46 am

Donald Binks wrote:"How can I eat you?"
and
"Oh? Four black chaps in London - you must be a jazz band!"

Two lines that brought forth a chuckle.

I suppose my eagle eye draws me away from some of these period things because I all too readily notice what they get wrong. Even in this brief segment I noticed two things - like the microphone was of a much later period - and wing collars were not attached to shirts in those days.

Still it'd be interesting to float back to the 1920's - briefly - ride in the motor cars and listen to the music! :D

And get into the lineup to see Hats Off, or perhaps the much shorter lineup to see the 52-reel mythical cut of Greed. Hope the wind doesn't blow my boater away!

Jim

Return to Talking About Silents